Abs Problem - Ep91

Hi, i recently changed both cv joints (with non toyota parts) on my Glanza, and had the error code of 31 and 32 (they are left and right sensor problem) appear on the ABS diagnostic.

The ABS light is now permanently on, with non working ABS.

I have replaced the right hand side sensor with a new one, but the code is still there.

Everything looks clean, sensors and rings.

I would really like to get the ABS system back up and running.

Anyone any ideas?

i have the same issue on mine, have disconnected the battery and changed the left hand front sensor twice, cleaned up the hub too but get no joy still have the light on

any help appreciated

Yeah, I have reset the ABS system using the proper method (with jumpers in, pump pedal 8 times or more, then light then just flashes as normal) but the errors come back once you drive it and retest it.

I used non toyota parts (camskill) and the sensor rings were wider than OEM, anyone else used aftermarket parts on these?

I reckon the air gap is wrong on these rotors and between the sensors, but need to get someone to test it.

I nearly killed myself last night braking for an animal, been a long time since I had a car without abs, I now I remember why its better to have ABS than not have it.

I'm going to take the sensors off and put them back on with the torque socket, 8nm i think, in case this has affected the gap.

i just changed the bearing and i had the same problem, took it out and gave everything a good clean. still stayed on, so drove throught a huge puddle and it went away! pikey styleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee