Self Learning Ecu Or A Emanage Blue?

Hey i want to know what would be better for me a self learning ecu or a e manage blue.

But i hope to forge and td04 in the future.

I have the following mods..

Full Apexi N1 exhaust system

Uprated fuel pressure regulator

Walboro uprated fuel pump

Forge front mount intercooler

Air filter

Blitz supersound dump valve

HKS actuator

Armand

agreed

if your running about the 200bhp mark the plug in and play ecu's are more than fine

but if your chasing big power like you said forge and td04 an emange would be far more beneficial mate

• 1 month later...
I'd go for the Emanage, don't like the sound of this "self learning" stuff.

well there not exactly self learnin there ready mapped lol all the infos in the wiki section somehere.poeple have worked on these for years to get them perfectly suited for the starlets. i must say i have a ready mapped ecu and i will say its 100% brilliant i would reccomend it to anyone and im sure theres loads of poeple who will agree with me lol

id deffo say emanage is the best route to go down with big power but upto 220bhp the ready mapped ecu's are brill

it boils down to this, if you have the wool pulled over your eyes its £800 to fit and tune an emanage properly,

obvuisly you could probably get that price down to maybe 600 but premaped ecus start at 350 and the simplicity is just plug and play,

ive had four now and i would not touch an emanage unless i was going balls out and always changing my turbo setup experimenting

thats exactly what you told me a few months ago enzo and i got a premapped ecu and glad i listened instead of getting an emanage

the premapped are amazing little devices and would strongly reccomend them to anyone bud

I have never used either the EManage or the "self learning" ECU's myself, I'm using a Power FC standalone.

One of my mates paid good money for a TOMS Tecs ECU (I think) and he was told it would suit his set up well, once he got it on the RR the fuelling was all over the place.

Maybe it was just his, but personally I wouldn't pay the money for one where I could pick up a EMB and get it mapped for about £450. But of course that's just my opinion.

i personally would go for a mappable ecu.

you pay well over the top for self learning ecus like jam, greddy, sard etc. and they can only handle up to a certain point.

go for an emanage blue minimum. ultimate if you can go the extra bit more. excellent value and lots of tuners map them.

power fc's get great results too but there harder to get hold of, and to be honest the extra you pay isnt worth it.

also think about dastek's for value. lots of people have got brilliant results from the unichip systems :thumbsup: