Best Intake Manifold On Jdm 4efe

Hi

Don't know if anyone really knows the answer to this question but i'll give it a try.

I have a JDM spec 100ps engine in my uk starlet sportif. To make the engine work with the UK ECU, due to ICV differences, the standard TB was mated to the JDM intake manifold. This surprisingly seems like a really good set up but not ideal.

I would like to know if people think the corolla manifold would be better with my set up? I think it will be better but i've heard people say that the most powerful version on this engine (the one i have) didnt use the corolla manifold anyway my reasoning for thinking it will be better is that the corolla manifold was not designed yet and if it was it might of found its way onto the most fowerful version??

Any thought??

thanks

Gavin

Hi

Don't know if anyone really knows the answer to this question but i'll give it a try.

I have a JDM spec 100ps engine in my uk starlet sportif. To make the engine work with the UK ECU, due to ICV differences, the standard TB was mated to the JDM intake manifold. This surprisingly seems like a really good set up but not ideal.

I would like to know if people think the corolla manifold would be better with my set up? I think it will be better but i've heard people say that the most powerful version on this engine (the one i have) didnt use the corolla manifold anyway my reasoning for thinking it will be better is that the corolla manifold was not designed yet and if it was it might of found its way onto the most fowerful version??

Any thought??

thanks

Gavin

Im supprised no one has replied to this before now!!

Its hard to tell as not many of us have had a lot of expierience with the JDM n/a i think it would give some gains though!! As its a much beeter design in the matters of air flow!! it will prob give better mid range torque and better driveability but its hard to say for sure!! I think it would be definalt worth a try esp if you can pick one up cheap!

I dont think the different TB will make any difference to performance as they are both the same size!!

Rob

Im supprised no one has replied to this before now!!

Its hard to tell as not many of us have had a lot of expierience with the JDM n/a i think it would give some gains though!! As its a much beeter design in the matters of air flow!! it will prob give better mid range torque and better driveability but its hard to say for sure!! I think it would be definalt worth a try esp if you can pick one up cheap!

I dont think the different TB will make any difference to performance as they are both the same size!!

Rob

Thank you for your reply. Your saying what i was thinking i just wanted to make sure.

I have one waiting to go on. Hope to try next weekend.

EDIT: Your in notts rob? I live in loughborough.

Gavin

• 3 months later...

Do you have a big air gap round the back of the throttle body where it meets the manifold. Does it idle high or hesitate when you put your foot down. uk throttle body does match to fte jdm inlet manifold unless you use a metal spacer to cover the air gap at the back. JDM mani is best for power up the revs or corolla for lower down torque