Hi guys,im new to this place and just thought i would share my new starlet,

bought for a bargain price of £800!!!!

spec so far that i know of is:

Blitz Nur Spec R full stainless system,Blitz Dump Valve,Exedy Race Clutch and Cover incl. thrust bearing

Strut Brace,O.Z alloys

im suspicious as to whether it has been remapped or not as it is silly quick for a near standard car.

pics :

5936_154054737176_605347176_3808536.jpg

5936_154054742176_605347176_3808537.jpg

5936_154054767176_605347176_3808539.jpg

6096_155334031144_583051144_3731444.jpg

6096_155334036144_583051144_3731445.jpg

6096_155334041144_583051144_3731446.jpg

6096_155334051144_583051144_3731447.jpg

6096_155334061144_583051144_3731448.jpg

it has a green badge on the rear that lights up, the guy told me this is rare now (dont know if he was bs'ing me)

i dont know too much about these cars but im over the moon with it!

thanks for looking.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that not an auto dash?? so looks like it's had a auto to manual conversion? first thing i would suggest is if it hasn't already get a boost gauge and check what it is boosting as some cowboy might have bodged up the boost silly high and potentially you could end up blowing your engine.

theses cars cant be remapped unless they have a piggyback ecu or standalone and for £800 i highly doubt it so just check it's not over boosting.

nice car for the price, good find :)

I don't think that's an Auto dash, just the normal Mark 1 cluster.

The light up badges come stock on the Mark 1 GT's and the Mark 1s are getting rather rare now.

Looks like you picked up a nice motor there though mate, best of luck with it. Get it on the RR to see what she's kicking. Does it have an aftermarket ECU or Piggyback? The stock ECU can't be remapped, you might want to have a look behind the centre console, it could have a beast of an ECU there for all you know. Worth £400 alone. :)

thanks for the comments guys,so how would i find the ecu?? its running 7psi boost(no idea what standard is)

came with service history from when it was imported in 2005.its been well looked after :)

i got it from an old boy in worthing west sussex.

also wondering how i can convert the speedo to mph,it went to 180kmh then it feels like it hits a flat spot,im guessing its limited in some way?180kmh is more than enough for me but i would like to track it occasionally and could do with that little bit more top end!also is there a way to convert the windows to manual as one of the motors has died today and i just want to simplify it :p one less thing to go wrong!

thanks sparky :)

im thinking of entering PPC's (practical performance car magazine) £999 challenge with it!so need to get some ultra cheapo tuning goodies for less than £100 and show them how its done!!!!

thanks sparky :)

im thinking of entering PPC's (practical performance car magazine) £999 challenge with it!so need to get some ultra cheapo tuning goodies for less than £100 and show them how its done!!!!

put an adjustable actuator, or cheap ebc on for under £100 and up the boost to 10-11psi. that will make it pretty dam quick and for under the £999 challenge that would be a good contender :)

thanks for the comments guys,so how would i find the ecu?? its running 7psi boost(no idea what standard is)

came with service history from when it was imported in 2005.its been well looked after :p

i got it from an old boy in worthing west sussex.

also wondering how i can convert the speedo to mph,it went to 180kmh then it feels like it hits a flat spot,im guessing its limited in some way?180kmh is more than enough for me but i would like to track it occasionally and could do with that little bit more top end!also is there a way to convert the windows to manual as one of the motors has died today and i just want to simplify it :) one less thing to go wrong!

To convert the speedo you'll need to get a speedo convertor, get them new for under 70 quid I think, although I have heard that the restrictor which limits them to 112mph can break if you keep hitting the 112 limit, but I wouldn't want to be doing that anyway :)

that is an amazing find / buy !! well done.. looks really clean especially for £800 !! its the sort of thing i would look at and think, cant be right - steer clear.. so hopefully its all good for you!:)

CK

yeah i know what you mean mate,i thought he said 1800 at first then he said 8-0-0. he told me the spec etc and i couldnt belive it and said i would take a look,checked all the documents incl original import documents and numbers and it all matched.sometimes taking the chance pays off i guess.

Great find :-D

to be honest alot of people dont no what these cars are and some old bag might just see it as a N reg car her son left her and sell it for what she thinks a N reg 80k car cost. gotta be lucky to find that looks very clean for the money. Lower it and rear strut brace should help you with the handling!

• 1 month later...

thanks guys,i ran a 15.1 sec quarter a couple of weeks back which im very happy with given track conditions.

just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a cost effective modification or 2 that will increase power?i have searched but its a bit vague

• 4 months later...

Small update : bought some jic coilovers and tanabe rear strut from a lad on tgtt,also a ct9b from bucket as my original squeals a bit and burns oil so the ct9b which is getting the ported wastegate treatment us going on.also fitted apexi airfilter (can hear compressor surge at low boost)

Boost is now upto 12 psi and has transformed :lol:

few small niggles like manifold blowing when cold (hoping it's a loose nut and not a crack!) and heatshield rattling occasionally.

these cars never fail to amaze me and I hve learnt so much about them in the short time I have owned it.pics to follow soon as I get proper Internet access.

• 1 month later...

I think there 70 profile on the 14s lol, toyo observe snow tyres on them haha :lol:

ye bucket sorry I forgot to let u know I received it mate.

I can't work out which wheels look better :p maybe of the 14s were lower profile tyres?

Might just sell both sets and get some rarer rims