Time For Introduction

:lol: hello jap lovers. It's been a while that I've been on the forum and didn't really introduced myself.

I'm a great fan of the Starlet for over 9 years now :D yep, back from my home country, Mauritius, I owned my first starlet GT. I was 20 at that time and it was me Dad who imported it from japan. Car was the quad light model with LSD manual gear and in gleaming White :thumbsup:

Ah this car was amazing, had the best joy out of it but as you might have guessed I crashed it more than a couple of times. Got repaired and put back on the road but finally went on a you turn at full throttle and lost it, overturned, rear smached a pole and end up in a ditch! Spent 5 weeks in hospital with a broken arm, and two broken ribs. Then scrapped the GT, and went out the country for further studies ( UK). It's been 9 years since and during that time I've managed to complete my studies, get a good job and settle down with the wifey. I've had a civic esi, Honda prelude, celica gt, and starlet SR, Supra non turbo, skyline R32 single turbo and last but not the least Nissan Pulsar.

To sum up, I love Japanese engineering and during all the years spent with them I consider myself being able to strip down an engine and put it back together without a problem:)

Still after having all these rides, I couldn't forget my experience with the Gt Ep82. Last month went to buy one from Dorset in mint condition, 55k on clock and full history, I'm the second owner and car has never been modified, all standard but only bad point is that it's an automatic. I was impressed though how fast it kicked down as soon as you step on it, I would add nearly as fast as a manual.

The Mrs isn't too happy about this cause I now have a starlet SR, a Nissan pulsar, Subaru impreza sport( it's the 2.0 model without turbo, the family car in other word cause having 4 doors), and the starlet GT turbo in the drive :p

I love my toys and i've been looking for a while for a nice gt but most of them were abused example manual gears and too much modification, finally got one though automatic but it is as sound and smooth as a brand new car:)) I think I'll sell the SR soon cause otherwise I'll soon end up out of the house and sleeping in the drive with the cars.

Sorry for the long writing but I just felt like sharing why I'm on the forum :p lol

TRD

Hey , I'll be uploading pictures soon, no worries. The SR is stripped and has only one bucket seat in. It is one of my track cars. No big mods at all, straight through exhaust, big induction kit and 330cc injectors and a full remap. Tein adjustable coilovers with cusco front and rear strut braces and grooved discs at front with yellow stuff pads all round. No big BHP but really good fun on the track.

So basically, I'm putting it all back together with complete interior and all other bits and pieces to make it standard again. It might be a couple of weeks before I put it for sale lol. But for those who might think I'll sell the teins, brakes or injectors then you got it all wrong, cause I'll be needing all those :thumbsup:

hi TRD welcome to the club :thumbsup:

you need to get some pictures of your stalret track car in there, what management is it running?

glad you found your way over here, the turbo autos make great gt cruisers, just point and squirt!

Standard ECU mate but really good remap job done by some tuners up north, Halifax. Was advised by a good friend from the pulsar forum, they are not cheap but they get you what you want and how you want your car to run, amazing how electronics can create performance. No need for even an uprated pump.

Ah good old SR, will miss it. coilovers are getting removed today.

Yay, Another Mauritian on here man! Welcome! I Wish I could go to Mauritius to live, but having a nice car there is extremely difficult, traffic and potholes are insane, lovely place though. Your car historys amazing, as mentioned above, get some pics up.

Shafz.