what about the TD12? I've heard that its alot more responsive than the TD04 but not as power full.....

mine is currently producing 170bhp but i would like to reach the 250 mark, but as i said the cars being used fr track and hill climb, what would be a more realistic figure, like 225-235??

cheers

i believe that theres a thread topic going to be started or a guide or something

i asked this question last week and enzo said he'd get working on one

so if that is done mate you'll be able to see a guide on all the different turbos and what power they produce etc etc

You want something quite responsive for hillclimbs etc

I would wait until the TD12 has been tried and tested to see what they make.

Pretty sure one of those running good boost with some headwork would make for low spool up times and should be over 230hp.

Just get the car as light as possible its all about the power to weight ratio its suprising what difference it makes and if its just going to be for track use you could go nuts :)

• 1 month later...
You want something quite responsive for hillclimbs etc

Just get the car as light as possible its all about the power to weight ratio its suprising what difference it makes and if its just going to be for track use you could go nuts :p

Took the words out of my mouth! Not all about power!

Im planning on also doing hill climb's and track events hopefully next year when mine is up and running. I know its completely different but im going for 200bhp and then spend more money getting the balance, weight and handling of the car set up better.

You will probably find it cheaper and easier to look at weight reduction and you will have a more responsive car than going for all out power. Plus most hill climb tracks are more bends than flat out straights.

Im planning on a CT9 hybrid or possibly the TD12 when the results are posted :thumbsup:

Jason :D

as everyone above mate

ive got 235bhp on mine and thats with the td04 - full boost (just over a bar - 1.08 I think) achieved around 3500rpm, so like people said, for the sake of lag and if you're hill climbing, probably better with a bit more responsive like the ct9 hybrid to whatever.

Blair