Ticking Noise

when i first start the car and put revs on it makes a ticking noise and the engine management light is on and seems like not all the power is there,i checked the ht leads to see if they are arcing and i cant find a problem and have no idea whats up really. engine management goes off after a bit but once you go over 60 it comes back on.

anyone got any ideas?

I'm sure there is a guide on here to carry out one urself but I'm on my phone so can get the link for you,

There is a little black box in the top right of the engine bay with 'diagnostic' written on it,

There is two pins in there that when bridged flash the EML light, I have the full thing on my laptop, I'll post up when I get to college

Gary

it doesn't read, you lights will start flashing in morse. there is a full description on here some where.

the morse lets you know what error number it is and you can look it up on the chart, that with the description, what problem you have.

you will proberly find you have a noisey tappet/rocker and the knock sensor is picking this up and putting the car into some

kind of limp mode.

what oil are you running maybe you need a thicker oil like a good 10w/40 to calm the knock down

but the main problem will have to be addressed.

hope this helps