Buying A Starlet

Hi everyone i'm new here and i have a dilema:

I have been looking at some starlets on ebay, pistonheads, autotrader etc. and I dont want to rush into it anything until I have found a decent starlet sr, (rushed into getting my first car and well it was a bit crap)

So im looking for white starlet sr's found one starlet but its a sportif 63,000miles, white very clean non-modified (i want to do it myself) he wants 1,100 for it.

I want to know what the difference between sportifs and sr's are because the power seems to be the same?

Is it worth waiting for an sr to come up that's decent.

Cheers guys Danny.

Hi everyone i'm new here and i have a dilema:

I have been looking at some starlets on ebay, pistonheads, autotrader etc. and I dont want to rush into it anything until I have found a decent starlet sr, (rushed into getting my first car and well it was a bit crap)

So im looking for white starlet sr's found one starlet but its a sportif 63,000miles, white very clean non-modified (i want to do it myself) he wants 1,100 for it.

I want to know what the difference between sportifs and sr's are because the power seems to be the same?

Is it worth waiting for an sr to come up that's decent.

Cheers guys Danny.

Hi Danny, welcome to the club!

Well the SR has the Red/Green Decals obviously, 15" Speedline alloys, TTE Springs, TTE Spoiler, TTE Exhaust, Electric windows, Central locking, and I believe that's about it..

to be honest mate id say7 get an SR :thumbsup:

Lecky windows are handy and uv got a set of fresh rims and nice lil spoiler on already so you wont need to go spending out on that stuff + fitting a rev counter is effort in comparrison to already having one in there :rolleyes:

If not an SR go for a GLS there the same spec as an SR with electric windows, central locking and rev counter then just throw rims on it and a rocker on the back :rolleyes:

Thtas just my opinion though :lol:

to be honest mate id say7 get an SR :thumbsup:

Lecky windows are handy and uv got a set of fresh rims and nice lil spoiler on already so you wont need to go spending out on that stuff + fitting a rev counter is effort in comparrison to already having one in there :lol:

If not an SR go for a GLS there the same spec as an SR with electric windows, central locking and rev counter then just throw rims on it and a rocker on the back :rolleyes:

Thtas just my opinion though :rolleyes:

Yea i see your point there is more work to be done, here is a link to it tell me what you think, im just thinking of the low mileage :lol:

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1116943.htm

One of those is a cat C repaired.

Id only pay 1100 for the sportif if it was immaculate, zero dents/scratches etc,healthy engine.

Keep looking, dont rush into anything :thumbsup:

Mitch

i already rang the guy up about the sportif and he said it wasnt immaculate so i think to keep looking is the best idea cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
its well worth it i reckon, have a look at the build thread there has been loads of money spent on the mods

for what its worth i bought my sr off autotrader £1800 mint all the mods. 80000 miles. keep looking a mint sr kept mint will make you money in a few years

I'd say hold out for an SR. I was looking for one when i was 18 and they were around the 3k mark, i ended up going for an ep82 GT. Now i am looking for an SR again and they are going for as little as 1k! There was a mint 63k miles 2 owners FSH silver one on ebay that sold for £1100 last week! Just a case of holding out for the right car!