Always Rember To Check.................

your wheel nuts or if you already do well done i need to start doing it ALOT more, coming back from college there heard this grinding sound first thought was my c.v joint as it is shagged bout 5 mins away from my home my wheel came off well half off came to a sudden stop with a loud grinding sound i was thinking oh god this has caused alot of damage. was very very lucky and no damage was casued just the inside of my wheel is scraped of the disc but thats nothing. keep thinking if i was on the motor way doing 100 or so what would of happend.

thats a bit crazy!! i was going to put up a post about this the other day... i was washing my car and for some strange reason i thought 'i wonder how tight my wheel nuts are?' so i tried with my hand and all the passanger side bar one were loose!

glad everything is ok mate, and no damage was caused! lucky escape :p as you said could have been alot worse!

your very lucky mate, this happened to me when i was shifting my 16v xsi, onthe back road, around 50mph, shifting from one lockup to another to strip it, ended up down in a farmers garden, cudnt believe it. luckily my mate new him, and we just threw him a few ££ to leave the car there for a bit

kwik fit fitted my tyres on my old polo, didnt tighten the right hand side up at all, and me going down the m54 at 80mph was a scary fookin thing, pulled over tightened it up and took photos, went back and the lad who did the job was sacked the same day... and i got aa new hub, wheel etc paid for by kwik fit.

This is a very good point and im glad nothing serious happened.

I was driving back from work in the n/a (the day before id had the wheels off)and i pulled up on my drive and two nuts on the n/s rear were half hanging out!

i thought...shit..

I think its because you do it so offen, i think i must of over looked it this time and forgot to torque just those two.

:p

Mitch