Rocker Cover Painting

Want your engine bay looking frrrresh?

As some of you know i've taken to painting rockercovers as a hobby and get some cash coming in whilst looking for a job

£40 per rocker

*Please note that postage to me will need to be taken care of by the buyer as it's not viable for me to pay for it. i will pay for the return postage

here the standard they will come out

blasted down and smothed

rocker1.jpg

without clearcoat

rocker2.jpg

clearcoat

rocker3.jpg

For those interested in further work, smoothing of letters etc can also paint other small things aswell - Please PM me.

Each cover will be Sandblasted, EtchPrimed and then sprayed in Clearcoat. I make sure the covers have the best finish, as at the end of the day - No one wants a shady final product.

At this moment in time i have no spare rockercovers for people to purchase outright, so i haven't listed prices for this - Hopefully this can change.

cheers aidan

I would be interested in getting mine done.

Only problem i have is that your sandblasting them <_< I was always told never to sandblast rocker covers. If any bits of sand are left inside and it gets into your engine oil then kiss your engine good bye!

I would be interested in getting mine done.

Only problem i have is that your sandblasting them <_< I was always told never to sandblast rocker covers. If any bits of sand are left inside and it gets into your engine oil then kiss your engine good bye!

i dont have to sandblast them down if you dont want me to mate. give me a pm

i highly doubt the sand could become lodged in the aluminium alloy. if anything you would get some pitting.

LOL i wasn't refering to the sand getting lodged into the alloy <_<

The Starlet 4EFTE rocker cover is made in several parts. On the underside there is an adittional metal piece that is riveted to the main body. Meaning there is lots of hidden area's for sand to 'hide' that you can't access to clean out. Even with it cleaned out afterwards then sand could still be in there then contaminate the oil and do damage to the engine down the line.

Im not saying it will happen but personally for me its too much of a gamble to take. Most rocker cover's are made from one piece so sandblasting is not an issue as it can be cleaned easily and properly afterwards.

Having said that though im still getting Adee-ep to paint my rocker cover as his work looks good, just not having mine sand blasted :lol:

Jason :blink:

• 2 months later...