• 2 weeks later...

barely pioneering, its one of the first upgrades done a decade and more ago! I can't remember much about it, just that it didn't prove to be too much of an improvement...some of the earlier hybrids were CT9/CT12 hybrids though

yeah wastegate cracks like above are not gonna cause major problems like people seem to think.

firstly there are loads of ct12s , a ,b ,c ,d ,e ect

i assume you mean the basic ct12.

it will fit exactly the same on mani, down pipe and oil/ water lines.

the ct12 has a better turbine end, bigger shaft and a bigger a/r turbine housing so in this area its a good turbo. it lacks a good compressor end though and its smaller than a ct9 on the compwheel. a hybrid ct12 would be the best option. may be a little laggier but not too bad.

the ct20 i feel would be quite laggy on a 4e without massive gains. never really seen results from one but by looking at the turbo that would be my guess as the turbine end is huge and compressor isnt massive.

some ct12s use a ceramic shaft that dont work too well compared to a steel shaft.

to be honest, if your gonna bother getting a mani and down pipe made up for one of the different trims of ct12 that use a different fitment to the ct9 you may as well just choose a better turbo. a newer garret turbo would be miles better, lighter, more efficient, cheaper and easier to rebuild, hybrid ect.