• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, ordered some square plates on Friday from www.proplates.co.uk, and they turned up Saturday, really impressed with how fast they were!

Anyway they're on the car, just need to get some pics tommorrow when she's nice and clean, filthy at the moment! :thumbsup:

The font sizes usually ruin the look if they are the proper thin style font then they will look good but if the font is chunky it looks pants I will see if I can find some pics of what I mean lol

Yeah I know what you mean lol! I just left the font alone really, quite like 'em as they are now! Get enough hassle from the police as it is without messing with the fonts, give them an excuse to pull me over!

Yeah that looks class mate! They aint as thin as that but doesn't look as bad as the first picture, think there's more space around the lettering so doesn't look as 'full' like.

Looks a lot better than the standard plates though, didn't think it would make that much difference but it does.

Where can I get the three rear windows tinted around here too?

OK so here's the pictures of the plates, Sparky I was wrong, they are the chunkier type but I think they look alright to be honest! (but then again I know nothing about Starlets lol!)

IMG00047-Copy-1.jpg

IMG00049-Copy.jpg

Sorry about the state of the car, been meaning to wash it but have been busy with work and when I got the chance today it was raining so, :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question lads, I've seen a few Starlets on here with the bits inside the front headlights sprayed black, thinking about doing it, but what part do you spray? I haven't even got a clue how to take the lights off so a bit of a learning curve for me here lol!

Ta

Quick question lads, I've seen a few Starlets on here with the bits inside the front headlights sprayed black, thinking about doing it, but what part do you spray? I haven't even got a clue how to take the lights off so a bit of a learning curve for me here lol!

Ta

Is it the late spec (98) Glanza's your on about? Because I haven't seen it done on any of the N/A models?

Yeah I've not seen any NA's with it done either, can it even be done or is it something specific to the Glanza lights?

Well the 98 V's came with the inside of the headlights black and crystal iirc..

I'm sure you could give it a bash, would be interesting to see how it would look..

To open up the headlights I believe you have to heat them up a bit with a heat gun, remove the clips and pry the two pieces apart..then do your painting or whatever, reassemble it and heat it up again/reseal with adhesive?

Here's a quick google for a guide

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1574596

Was gonna do this to my old lights on my first Starlet before I had the Glanza lights.

But I had the crystal version lights, I think it would only look good with them and clear indicators sprayed the same.

• 3 months later...

Ok so it's been a while but I have a few small updates!

The bonnet had a bit of rust on the offside corner, so I've had that treated and resprayed, along with the pin-holes from where the badge was filled in. (excuse the pics, it was raining and I couldn't be arsed to faff about!)

IMG00159.jpg

IMG00160.jpg

Secondly, I've had the bootlid smoothed over, i.e; the rear wiper and lock are now gone, along with the odd dent and bit of rust!

IMG00162.jpg

IMG00163.jpg

Also fitted a c-pillar bar, didn't take a picture but you can see it up there ^^.

Oh, and not forgetting the shocker sticker, haha!

IMG00161.jpg

Not sure where I want to go next, probably having the wheels sprayed black!

Turner

Cheers lads! Well my mother paid for it for my 21st a few weeks ago, but I think it was like £200. They've welded the holes up too, so I dunno if £200 is good or not?! haha, but no, didn't set me back anything so happy days :D

Turner