Another Brake Question

(Before I start I've already searched the forums for an answer to this)

I have an 98 SR (No ABS) and since I've had it the brakes have been crap. I recently had to change my pads, and when I went to do so, I noticed there were big ridges on each of my discs. I thought this must be the reason for the poor stopping.

So I replaced my discs and pads (with standard ones from local autopats store) + put in fresh Dot 4 fluid, and bled them.

500miles later they dont feel any better, I dont feel any braking at all until the pedal is depressed around 2inches, and even at that, there really bad.

I'm wanting to know, is there something wrong with my brake setup?? Or do I just need to upgrade the discs to something like 3g ones.

Thanks

Adam

Braided lines and a Cusco Brake Stopper perhaps?

I was thinking of braided lines, although when I read up on them it usually states it improves brake "feel", does this mean it will make my brakes better or will it make the pedal feel better (and not actually improve my braking)? :harhar:

I would guess a bit of air in the line if the pedal travels that far. Although when it's down that far, does it actually start braking properly?

As when I put on my brake setup, I drained hte fluid completely and the rear wouldn't bleed properly due to the nipples being choked up. Once I had got some nipples that weren't blocked up the brakes where digital.

I would guess a bit of air in the line if the pedal travels that far. Although when it's down that far, does it actually start braking properly?

As when I put on my brake setup, I drained hte fluid completely and the rear wouldn't bleed properly due to the nipples being choked up. Once I had got some nipples that weren't blocked up the brakes where digital.

i think i have the same problem.. Since i brought the car its been feeling shit i have to press down to get some braking but when i do it does brake like normal, but i shouldnt have to press that far down. I have changed my discs and pad also.. bled the the system. :wacko: I think am going to do it again when you get some money through.