New Starlet Owner

Hi Guys am new to this forum and have just got me a 1994 Starlet GT Turbo.

Got it for £2500.

Used to Drive a 106 Rallye, But that got written off when someone drove into me on the dual carrage way!

The Starlets Just been Imported from Japan so need to get it registered this week. Its got just over 88Km/h on the clock, came with 12months MoT aswell.

Mod wise it has a HKS Induction Kit, a Boost gauge on the dash, Blitz Blow Off Valve, Alloy wheels, I think TRD Sideskirts, It also has a Exhaust But am unsure what what make it is. Sounds Good Though.

Has a couple of bad points but nothing major, Drivers window doesnt work, the alloy wheels could do with being refurbished and theres a couple of minor dents to the bodywork.

Heres a Few Pics of her.

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

All in all am well pleased with the car and the preformance is really amazing.

Let me Know what you think

Nick

sound as mate :p

hopefuly you will find everything you need on this site related to your ep,

i bet your not too impressed with the handling, its probably astep down fromthe pug in that respect but more than makes up for it with straight line speed.

if you need help with anything just ask :lol:

Cheers Mate

Yeah The handling isnt as good as the pug was, but i reckon with some uprated sus and tyres it shouldnt be too bad :p

Straight line speed is awesome!

Have Wanted a Starlet for ages, its only now that i can really afford the insurance.

Welcome to the Starlet World :p

I totally agree that those pugs are awesome in the twistys put a set of coilys will sort that :lol:

Also if i was you i wouldn refurb those wheels just get a new set but is up to you, you might like the wheels :lol:

Have fun with your lil pocket rocket :lol:

Sparky ;)

welcome mate.

i might be in possesion of another set of racing sparcos soon so if i do i'll pop em up here for all to see, if you're interested in changing em.

what GAB stuff is on the car? it has GAB stickers so just wondering if it has gab suspension or braces etc...

Cheers for the warm welcome guys.

I think ill just be refurbishing the wheels that are on there and just getting some good tyres.

with the window, it seems to be the regulator that is at fault, so will replace that in the near future.

What make coilovers work best with the starlets?

I think the GAB stickers are just for show, sus on the car looks standard. Am gonna remove the stickers from the side when i get a chance.

Was Just looking at The D2's on Ebay just, like you say they are alot cheaper then other makes of colovers!

If there not bad quality then i may get a set of these, as cant really afford alot more £600.

Also if my Speedo reads in Km/h does that mean its restricted?

ive seen a few de-restrictors for sale which connect to the speedo cable, but was wondering if you could get the same clocks but ones that have the speed in MPH?

Was Just looking at The D2's on Ebay just, like you say they are alot cheaper then other makes of colovers!

If there not bad quality then i may get a set of these, as cant really afford alot more £600.

Also if my Speedo reads in Km/h does that mean its restricted?

ive seen a few de-restrictors for sale which connect to the speedo cable, but was wondering if you could get the same clocks but ones that have the speed in MPH?

Welcome,looks a smart motor quite rare in silver i believe,don't quote me on that though! Get yourself a cable converter to change to MPH,most people just put a MPH sticker over the KMH one,up to you if you wanna get new dials though.

Yeah Im gonna give the engine bay a good clean this weekend,

Have Just cleaned the car otside and inside, its looking quite clean now!

Does anyone Know how often the cambelt must be changed? and whats the best oil to use?

Thanks

Nick