Seen Somthing Up For Sale, Surely Its Bs?

hi all,

seen sumthing up for grabs, a throttle body off a glanza, that has been and i quote

"mirror polished gas flowed and the butterfly has been knife edged all giving around 8+bhp"

duno what he has done to it, doesnt look particularly special either.

surely this figure is pants at this stage of tuning on a fairly standard stage 1 gt/glanza?!!

Me and Simon both have these - generally power quotes are just an average figure they quote for all applications, don't be naive, in the end its just a ported and polished throttlebody, on a small displacement, small turbo powerplant its not going to make any significant difference, up the power and boost and there'll be some minute gains...

im not doubting the whole theory behind it, i just think at 1.3 levels and stage 1 mods, not really guna acheive this 8 bhp from it!

the outside of it looks tatty as hell, and inside just looks like a clean standard one.

i thought they opened 90 degrees anyway?! i swear mine does?!

Its easy just do them yourself.

Take the TB off, dismantle it, clean it all up inside, sand it all down, polish it all up......drill a small hole in the top half of the butterfly, cant remember how big now though.

Bang......there's your polished and ported throttle body.

As said not much in the way of gains, but hay there must be a tiny bit as your cleaning all the crap out and making the air flow slightly faster over the polished metal.

Gains would be so small though i doubt you would notice any, may help keep your cylinder head free from sh*t but thats about it. lol.

My brothers girls dad does these... ((not these specific ones)) but they do give an increase i dont know about 8bhp though?

there wouldnt be a notice on a low powerd starlet but on a high power yes...

"southwales tuner" you could do it yes.. but it will be sh*t... my bro's father in-law.. works for an aeronautical company.. for building & repairing planes... he uses the machines at his work to do the polishing.. and it would get to bits you couldnt.. the stuff ive seen (not for starlets more for the 205 gti's) is and amazing quality litteraly mirror and would definately give you a greater flow!!!

these do work, but not just by putting it on and boom there you have it the car would have to be fairly tuned to notice a difference on the rollers.

if your not interested in the power... they are good for the looks and tidy in the bay.

Ive been concidering to use the spare inlet i have getting it done and selling it on here for the fact it would be UBER eye candy plus good flow.... ((fairness i might use it myself lol))

BUT.. i must comment.. i dont know these people.. or what they use but i can say the guy i know use's machines that well are stupid exspensive for planes lol.

Take the TB off, dismantle it, clean it all up inside, sand it all down, polish it all up......drill a small hole in the top half of the butterfly, cant remember how big now though.

What's the purpose of drilling a hole in it, obviously it lets more air in but at what it wouldn't make a difference anyway.