Engine Removal

curently taking my engine out of my gt..can anyone help me with a wee question..

just want to know if i will manage to get the engine out without having to drop the gearbox? or is ther enuf room to get it out :D

any help is good help :D lol

The fastest easiest way to remove engine to split the inner cv ie cut of the cable tie and lift the engine and gbox as one out the top as it goes up the drives come out of the cups which stay in the gbox, an hour to reomve looms and manifolds airbox radiator and carbon canister. Means you your not messin about tryin to centre clutch and bolt up in car to gbox. Completely remove gbox side mount and brackets and lift engine slighty higher on driver side and turn alittle anticlockwise was the handiest way I found.

Apoligys if Im tellin to something you already know. Video it and we'll start a @How fast can you remove/refit your engine competion. We could have a singles and double league, oops totally brainwaved there n got carried away

i like your idea of the fastest hahaha...

i wasnt to keen on touchn the box because then its more to come off :/...i no prob would be easier the way you saybut is it stil possibe the way im wanting to? even if i was to take the engine out first then wory about the gearbox after...i havnt got my replacment engine yet so im not to worried about how long it will take

trust me dude I've done an engine change take the engine and box out as a whole, split them outside the car then put your box an the new engine before you put it back in. it can be a bit of a bitch locating the box onto it again when its in the bay. plus doing it utside the bay means you can bang the engine and box straight in and connect back up quicker in my opinion

ye fek trying to do get the box to go back on when your trying to put the engine back in. When i done my engines i dropped the engine onto a tire through the bottom then lifted the whole car and slip it out. easy peasy ( ish ). centreing the clutch is fairly simple aswell just play with it till you can get the box back on and bolts in the take it off then tighten up the clutch. so i recommend just taking the whole box out .

• 3 weeks later...