Where To Get A Glanza Mot'd?

Where to get a Glanza MOT'd?

Ive currently got a TD04'd Glanza, and im worried that if i get it MOT'd it will fail, because of the MODs (not the condition of stuff lol)

Is there such thing as a non CAT MOT? If so, where in Nott's or close by could i get it done?

Anyone know any friendly MOT'er in or around Nottingham?

Love Ricky xxxxx

We could possibly do it for you mate, although im not back there until Monday!!

There is such thing as non-cat tests for most imports though, and most places should be doing them if there isnt any uk emissions data.

any MOT centre will be ok with emissions mate. as glanzas and gt's are japanese imports there is nothing to match it to on the vosa database so a pre-cat test must be performed. this is how they have to MOT it and unless its seriously smoking its cock off it will pass 99% guaranteed.

this isnt a thing with certain MOT centres its all mot centres. just make sure they know about it before you book it in but I've looked into it cause i had an argument with my local MOT tester who didnt know this but he does now :p he had to do it with my car. its simple are little beasts arn't on the database so they must have a pre-cat test performed

sorry for the lecture just takes a lot of explaining lol

its a fact though

the vosa database doesnt have the gt's or glanzas on record so when they come to testing it they have to run an emissions test fail it straight away cause theres no info for it then a pre-cat (or basic emissions test) is performed which a powerstation couldnt fail quite frankly. so either way your going to pass lol

I dont matter what it is, follow the flow chart and tell me where you end up?

it doesnt matter

I've looked into it properly

other jap imports scooby's skylines etc have a uk equivalent to match too. as starlet turbos are only jap imports and have no equivalent in the uk it isnt on the database so they cant run an emissions test on it hence the pre cat test is needed

go down to any import tuning company etc or MOT tester who knows about jap cars and he'll tell you

Read the flow chart again, if there is no exact match for the car you have to revert to the default limits specified in the box. Which is still a CAT test.

yes and that box is a basic emissions test or in other words a pre cat test so i was right lol

how did mine pass one then with no cat at all big straight through system.overfuelling it nob off etc etc and mine sailed through

and the guy at the test centre said its called a basic emissions test otherwise known as a pre cat test hence the fact that you dont need a cat to pass one

Id say you got lucky, also what year is you car?

Im only quoting what is written in black and white in the MOT hand book.

If you can find me some documentation that says:

A car produced in 1996 that has no specific emmisions data on the VOSA database requires a non CAT test i will happily accept I am wrong, appologise to you, print it off and take it to my next MOT for a trouble free test.