Glanza Vs Fiesta St

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just makes you wonder how many are true lol, you hear the stories, never any proof though..

Damien

And for that reason i am installing a camera system into the buggy :p Going to have a passengers face camera, rear facing cam, front facing cam and 1/4 view. All will be switchable in the car and will also record straight onto hard drive that can be removed from the car. Got it all worked out and even have most of the parts already :p

Yea Steve the standard Rs' are actually under 210hp. I do like them though but wouldnt own one.

Would rather Pwn one in the GT :p

Please explain how your car is limited to 125mph then silverglanza???? You put a GPS on it and tell me the speed :p

well this is what is bothering me i can do 125 in 4th gear its just loses power like a limiter i can change to 5th it wont let me go past 6thousand revs if i keep my foot to the floor is just like a limiter cuting off power then it comes back for a secound the limit again get me any one elese got this ?? my mate was by the side of me in the type r he said about 125 on his clocks

Speedo's become very inaccurate over 60mph.

Mine used to go right off the clock 180kmh in 4th but in reality I was doing 112-114mph on a GPS so if its limited it will be limited to 180kmh just like any other import :p

Oh and 6k in 5th in my GT is about 140mph, dont knowe if the Glanza final drive is any different?

As much as i'd love to, i'm in not fit state to drive lol, another time when i'm not so tipy lol

Damien

haha k dude another time

who cares its a ford :p

Armand

well said my man very well said

And for that reason i am installing a camera system into the buggy :D Going to have a passengers face camera, rear facing cam, front facing cam and 1/4 view. All will be switchable in the car and will also record straight onto hard drive that can be removed from the car. Got it all worked out and even have most of the parts already :p

haha although thats an awesome idea i dont think anyone will ever accuse you of lying when that things out on the road lmao

Speedo's become very inaccurate over 60mph.

Mine used to go right off the clock 180kmh in 4th but in reality I was doing 112-114mph on a GPS so if its limited it will be limited to 180kmh just like any other import :p

Oh and 6k in 5th in my GT is about 140mph, dont knowe if the Glanza final drive is any different?

but y does it not want to go more than 6thousand revs in 5th???????? should in theri go to 7 and half like anyother gear

And for that reason i am installing a camera system into the buggy :p Going to have a passengers face camera, rear facing cam, front facing cam and 1/4 view. All will be switchable in the car and will also record straight onto hard drive that can be removed from the car. Got it all worked out and even have most of the parts already :p

Good thinking Batman!!! I always wanted a camera setup for the corsa, but never got round to it, was a shame though, had people pull some classic faces lol

Damien

Good thinking Batman!!! I always wanted a camera setup for the corsa, but never got round to it, was a shame though, had people pull some classic faces lol

Damien

Yes should be a bit of fun :p Some camera systems are so expensive but i think i may have found a way of doing it alot cheaper and easier. There is a device that records straght onto a external hard drive. Good little piece of kit, you can plug it into a TV,camera, pc etc and press one buttom and it records the input straight onto the hard drive. And it can be unclipped from the car and taken in the house so it don't get nicked :p

fiesta st's. stock are slow but far more potential ultimately than a gt or glanza given the engine size.

and yes the duratec engine used in the st, is also used in the mazda3 mps, turbo and putting out 260? stock.

so if you turbo the st or for that matter drop the mps engine in your going to be all singing all dancing without too much work.

and when mapping a gt over 260hp you can see the limiter in fifth, so you dont need massive power like starletriks or burwashes to be way past 125mph.

Phil

so your saying in 5th 6tho revs its doing 105mph :p like i said my mates clocks cant be wrong aswell? ill do it on gps that far more accurate aint it

Yep GPS will be more accurate. Speedo's have to read over by law i believe. I have a Scangauge II unit in my car which gives the actually speed from the ECU. When im doing 70mph on the spedo the unit reads 63mph so if your mate is doing 125 its probably more the 112mph mark.

so your saying in 5th 6tho revs its doing 105mph :p like i said my mates clocks cant be wrong aswell? ill do it on gps that far more accurate aint it

No 112mph.

I dont know what gearbox you have but I could hit the speed cut in 4th gear.

Yes should be a bit of fun :p Some camera systems are so expensive but i think i may have found a way of doing it alot cheaper and easier. There is a device that records straght onto a external hard drive. Good little piece of kit, you can plug it into a TV,camera, pc etc and press one buttom and it records the input straight onto the hard drive. And it can be unclipped from the car and taken in the house so it don't get nicked :p

Sounds good, be interesting to see it working, you gonna be running a mic aswell??

Damien