Few Alternative Engine Suggestions Please

hi guys

firstly can i say this is well into the future or probably a little seperate starlet project

but i need a few suggestions. i eventually want a project to do to chase some serious power. I've thought about doing a forged engine with say a tdo5 turbo set at 1.7 bar perhaps but fancy a chellenge. so can anyone suggest what alternative engine will fit into the ep82's, what il need to do it and any other things i need to know please if someone has the time. the more detailed the better please.

possibly thinking going down the 5e route maybe so think someone like riko could help me better but anyone else help is very much appreciated

cheers in advance guys :p

haha no worries dude il have a look now cheers

just fancy future project something bigger and different from the usual forged 4efte with a td04/05 turbo lol

Make a buggy with a 4efte! You know it makes sense :p

Make a buggy with a 4efte! You know it makes sense :p

haha nah mate could never replicate the buggy got to be a one of a kind thing lol

5efte?

anything fits mate, you got time and the skills, you can put anything in ther

and yeh was thinking of going down the 5 route lol just need a bit of info on it though. e.g whats needed to turbo it cause there n/a's arnt they? or are they turbos standard? etc etc

you pretty much just transfer the 4E parts over chap - sump (unless tapping the stock one), oil pickup, thermostat housing (unless using a GReddy turbo), the head (don't need to, but just for electrical compatiblity)...that's about it!

Would be good to see something different but it can get expensive. At the end of the day it will come down to what you want to spend and how long you want it to take.

You know me, i like weird things :unsure:

First of start with how much you want to spend you could fit any engine in a starlet it's the money that makes it happen

then you gotta think what do you Want it for?? Track starlet with loads of low down smashing it out of corners power or a big power motorway puller e.g loads of lag but stupid amounts of power,

will it be a daily driver? Few things to think about before you start putting horrible clutchs in LOL

Gaz

to be honest the 4e/5e are good engines, the best part of a starlet in fact. the actual chassis is the negative aspect of the car, so putting a different engine in is a bit silly really, if you're wanting to create something quick, like a track car or something.

compared to say, a simple EG or EK civic chassis, the starlet chassis needs alot of work, removing the best part of the car does seem a bit silly.

but hey, its your money. anything is possible with enough of it.

to be honest the 4e/5e are good engines, the best part of a starlet in fact. the actual chassis is the negative aspect of the car, so putting a different engine in is a bit silly really, if you're wanting to create something quick, like a track car or something.

compared to say, a simple EG or EK civic chassis, the starlet chassis needs alot of work, removing the best part of the car does seem a bit silly.

but hey, its your money. anything is possible with enough of it.

I agree, I've always thought a good 5E with a quick spooling turbo is the best setup for a Starlet. Not much point having 400bhp if you can hardly put the power down.

Unless of course it's 4WD but even then a 5E is very capable of producing good power with the right setup.

But still, just for the sake of doing it, it would be good to see something silly like a 500-600bhp Starlet.

yeh I've been reading somewhere on here about a guy on tggt.com whos spent nearly 10k on an mr2 engine in his starlet and its still not brill and hes had loads and loads of problems in it

as i said this is a future thing but good to think about things so i can plan it. firstly i want to get my 4efte engine forged running a hybrid and all the stuff i want to do to it but then i fancy something for the track. but yeh ecks i agree with what your saying the ek civics have got an amazing chassis even standard one handle awesome might be a thing to think about not using an ep82 shell.

can someone tell me a bit about the 7AGTE 's I've heared poeple talk about them before, whats the engine size and what cars do you tend to find them in please?

cheers lads :unsure:

• 7 months later...