*tutorial* How To Generate Hdr Photos

Seeing as someone asked, i thought id put this (hopefully simple :) ) guide up..<br><br>Firstly, what youll need..

- Camera that allows you to take 3 or more differently exposed shots.

- Tripod (dont even attempt it without one :D )

- Software. - I use Photomatix Pro, but you can also use Photoshop. (I also use something called RawShooter Pro, this is because i take all my photos in RAW as the end result is always alot better.....If you can.. Shoot In RAW!)

So now you know what you need, you can go out and start getting creative..Find the subject you'd like to "HDR", get your camera on a Tripod and frame the shot. Then take 3 or more photographs at different exposure levels, i normally go for -1,0,+1 stop..

Example (dont worry about the black dots lol, thats just me sensor dust :) ) 1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Once you have your differently exposed images, open them into either photoshop or Photomatix Pro (For the guide im using Photomatix)

When open, click "Exposure Fushion", you will then be greeted with this pop-up, click browse, and select your images...

1-1.jpg

Once you have done that, click OK, and it will layer your images together and bring up this screen..

2-1.jpg

Have a play with the settings, and once your happy click "Process"..you will now see your "layered" image ready to be "Tone Mapped"3-1.jpg

Click the "Tone Map" button which then brings up this screen, have a play until you are happy, and once again, click "Process"4.jpg

Once processed, simply click save, and there you go!

5.jpg

Thats just a quick outline of how to do it.....

Cheers Rob

It could of been jap car rob lol good idear mate :)

haha, yea it's that I did that one recently and could still find the originals! I did one of a GT, which is in the photoshoots section though mate :D

Thank you phil. You can download a free trial of photomatix, but it'll put copyrighting through the image until you get a product key for it.. Same with Photoshop ( 30 days use for free and then youll need a key) Rawshooter is free though :)

Not like the other 2 no.

Rawshooter simply converts RAW files into JPEGS/TIFFS, and allows you to do minor editing on the way.

You don't need rawshooter to make HDRs if shoot in JPEG.. Only if you shoot in RAW as you need to use it to convert the file :)

Hope that helps !

Nikon D50 - so yes it does lol!

although it aint mine, its my dad's, but i use it. got a mini tripod for her which was WELL handy on that WW2 trip i went on in september, but she needs a full tripod if i was ever gonna try to get serious. dad had one for his TV camera gear he had there for a while, but he's sold it all on already.

mark was meant to get me a UV filter the other day actually, must go shout and find out where it is!!!!

Phil.

edit***found it! score!

Awesome ! Get out and start shooting and editting RAW.. Comes out sooooo much better than ordinary jpeg from the camera :)

There's loads of the same images different exposed online.. So use them, get photomatix and get used to it.. So when you take some of your own you will be pro ! :)