E-brake Info

Hi guy's,

I have just recieve my e-brake cable thanks to Dave from TM-Development. "Thanks Again Dave"

But i have installed it but when i pull the e-brake handle it doesn't stop at a dime.

here is the question:after i installed it did i need to do something else for it to stop or something?

And if so is there somebody to walk me through on how to do it?

Thanks in advance

Tha Dragon

probably stupid asking, and get slated for this..but was the handbrake up or down when you fitted this? as if was up then when you put it down with new one on it would be super loose....again stupid question but seen it done before.

I have tryed to tighten it but isn't it going to brake much faster that way? or just tighten up until it works properly?

Thanks in advance

Tha Dragon

When you replaced it did you wind the piston on the caliper back atol?

Gary

No, a couple a months ago i replaced the pads and it was working fine but i didn't have no e-brake cable and now that i have one i think it just needs to adjust? if not can someone give me some pointers on how to adjust or fix it?

Thank in advance

Tha Dragon

If the handbrake is coming up high or not adjusted right, take off the caliper and wind the piston back then when it's all back together pump the foot brake until you get a good pedal don't touch the handbrake until you have done the foot brake.

That is how they adjust on the disc setup

Maybe worth doing it on both sides to insure correct adjustment

Hope this helps

Gary

If the handbrake is coming up high or not adjusted right, take off the caliper and wind the piston back then when it's all back together pump the foot brake until you get a good pedal don't touch the handbrake until you have done the foot brake.

That is how they adjust on the disc setup

Maybe worth doing it on both sides to insure correct adjustment

Hope this helps

Gary

Ok Thanks guy's

I'll give it a try.

Tha Dragon