Number Plates Law?/rules?

Well i got pulled over on the way into my street yesterday by a silver undercover BMW, My number plate is still in my front window as i recently fitted my front mount and havnt decided where to put my front plate, its probably my own fault for having it there but does anyone know the rules or law behind front number plates?

It was in full view in the middle of the dashboard but just on the inside of the car.

I know the rules for MOT are something like front number plate must be presant and securly fastened and thats about it really doesnt say where ect..

I should mention i got a £60 fine as well!!!

Cheers Dale.

Guest cheshireglanza

i got pulled over for this ages ago got told rear one has to have light over it and height wise knee height and the front on on front left off bumper at knee height or center off bumper knee height by the way he said has just rough height :thumbsup:

i never got fine though just got told dot get caught again

Vinyl plates are now illegal. and yeah the fine went up from £30 a plate to £60 a plate a few months ago.

It's really strict now, has to be proper reflective plastic (or metal but thats still a grey area) with the BS mark and postcode of the place that made the plate.

Has to be on the 'furthermost forward point as possible', ie. the front bumper on most if not all cars.

Well i'm going to get a smaller one :thumbsup: look nicer the my old one which is metal and coming a part

The best car i have for a pain of a number plate to see is my chevette the bummper covers it as it under neat it