Anyone Like Retro Renaults?

may get slated for this but......

just wondered if anyone likes retro renaults here?? like r5 r11 r9 r25 etc? im gona ave a look at a r11turbo 2nite as ive wanted one since i was about 5, and finally one has popped up for sale, and before anyone says there unreliable etc i no they are, just love the retroness of em and how much of a sleeper they are and how a r11 turbo is rare as you like :p

what ya reckon cool or shite

comments welcome good or bad :p

They are NOT unreliable!!! :p just too easy to tune at home & then go bang because "some" owners think you can run 20psi without playing with the carb jets.

i've had an 11,aswell as 28 gtt's,a gordini & a 21t :D so yeah im a retro renault fan :p

got any pics of the beast?

They are NOT unreliable!!! :p just too easy to tune at home & then go bang because "some" owners think you can run 20psi without playing with the carb jets.

i've had an 11,aswell as 28 gtt's,a gordini & a 21t :D so yeah im a retro renault fan :)

got any pics of the beast?

no not yet, will get some tomorow when i have a look at the car, i thought that the 11 had the phase1 5turbo engine in it that was ment to be unreliable???, got any pics of your old motors?? also quite like a 25 v6turbo, there ment to be prety good, come out of the factory faster than a saph cossie aparently?? i no there a 150mph beast standard :p

I'm not familiar with the rest but have a soft spot for the r5 turbo =]

i used to love 5turbo's when i was younger, but i wouldnt get 1 as my mate had a pretty heavily modded1 and my glanza used to whoop the pants of it, still a fast car thou and they are still pretty common

compared to a 11turbo

no not yet, will get some tomorow when i have a look at the car, i thought that the 11 had the phase1 5turbo engine in it that was ment to be unreliable???, got any pics of your old motors?? also quite like a 25 v6turbo, there ment to be prety good, come out of the factory faster than a saph cossie aparently?? i no there a 150mph beast standard :p

Both phase's off 5gtt,the 11 turbo & the 9 turbo have the same c1j engine,the only differnces are the aei (like an ecu) & the gearbox,the 11t has the best box.

yeah, i have pics of some,not all of them though,i'l post them up soon :p

I quite like the old Renault Turbos, very quirky cars - in 2006 me and my flatmates bought a Renault 19 Chamade aimed to be a trackday car, unfortunately it amounted to nothing and we scrapped it, like the E30 BMW 316 we bought the year before, but the one drive I had in it was entertaining

And Renault 5's are all gay, apart from the mid-engined Turbo ^^;