Well....

Brought this off a member of toyotagt forum. Car was used everyday and as a track car running a forged engine etc etc.....

We purchased the car pritty much standard as this is how it was when the lady sold it.( gave her engine to her b/f)

Heres a few pictures of the GT as it is now.

DSC00033.jpg

DSC_0198-1.jpg

DSC_0199-2.jpg

15022009308-1.jpg

MODIFICATIONS

Engine:

Grill mounted Induction kit

Full de-cat through exhaust system

HKS SSQV BV

Exedy Organic Clutch Kit

Blitz Boost gauge

HKS Turbo timer

HKS Actuator

Autobahn Front Mount Intercooler

Autobahn Exhaust Manifold

HDI Electronic Boost Controller

Suspension:

White line Anti lift kit

Shocks and lowering springs (unknown Jap brand)

Interior Styling:

Apexi boost gauge

Exterior Styling:

None

Wheels & Tyres:

White Rota Sub Zeros on spec 2 tyres

Brakes:

3g 10 groves disk

Mintex 1144 Brake Pads

Jap Tuning stainless steel brake lines on front

ICE

Alpine Cd/Ipod Unit

Standard Front Speaker and 6x9s In The Rear

Got a fair bit planned for it.....

i have an exedy organic clutch 2 and i find it really tough. its only just been fitted but bloody hell!!! lol ive stalled already cause of it lol

xx

I must admit, i use a van during the day. When i get into this to drive.... Its always a ''whiplash moment'' for the first 5 mintues of driving lol.

Looks tidy mate,

What else you got palnned for it?

Gary

Thanks.

Plan wise, nothing crazy like a jet fighter turbo or anything :p

As close to 200bhp as we can with it being reliable. New year will see new exhaust system, suspension, some fancy bits under the bonnet, going to spray the rocker cover....thats about it. If we can stretch we are looking at some Rays alloys instead of these rota's.

First things first though, need to sort the heating out :p

• 1 month later...

A litlle update as its been way to cold to do anything.

Car had sufferd a bad electrical fault and with the connector removed it leaked coolant into the footwell. To avoid any damage i simply took the heating pipes off where they enter the car and joined them together, so we had no water entering the heater matrix for over 6 months.

Managed to get another matrix and dash pannel but quickly realised there are two different types!!

Two types being a manual and a automatic heat control, auto one for climate control.

Day before yesterday i stripped the interior and fitted the new manual heater matrix and pannel, and as if by magic we now have some heat !!!

I didnt take many pics, but when stripping the old matrix i could see that it had corroded and this is where the leak was coming from. As you can see by the pics the units are slightly different, but this is easy to fix, just cut the bend off the new unit.

Few pics

Photo0632.jpg

Photo0633.jpg

New unit on the left and old one on the right

Photo0634.jpg

Picture dosnt do this justice, but believe me, its rusted/corroded to hell and usless!

Wasnt to hard to do... realy pleased all works!!

nice work bud, i am doing this next weekend not looking faward to it at all :) any tips?? another thing i have a auto GT is there a specific matrix i will have to get then?? abit confused on what you mean there?

do you have air con with climate control mate or just air con. Easiest way to tell is remove the small inner heater switch pannel, ( cold to hot slider / fan speed slider ) and look on the back. There is a yellow connector and it will either say manual 600 or auto 600. Auto 600 means the car has climate control.

For me other then above i cant explain much better, just its a pain in the ass to have climate control and the wire to the matrix alone is £130 plus vat from toyota!! Its easy enough to convert to manual, as this is what i have done. No air con now and no climate control, who needs it anyway.

Another way to tell is by looking in the engine bay, finding the water pipes that enter the car ( behind inlet manfold i think ) and see which way the left pipe bends. If it bends towards the floor its a auto with climate control.

If your close to me im more then willing to lend a hand.

Main tip is make a note of how the main wire loom goes, otherwise getting the dash back on is a pain in the ass. Also the wire for the clock!! Otherwise its a piece of cake :o

Also just to add, ive just had my autobarhn manifold welded up as its cracked !

Does it get annoying driving with a paddle clutch ?

I wouldnt say so, not once your used to it

Ahhh I hate pictures of dashes out it scares me lol

Oh and save up for a decent manifold before the AB shite breaks again :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...