Whats The Best And Cheap Handling Mods For My N/a?

hi

whats the best handling mods for my n/a?

bare in mind it is a very tight budget!

im getting new tyres / lined etc

and gt front strut brace to tighten it up.

thanks

Hey there,

I've focused on relatively cheap handling mods for my N/A, which have made a massive difference! GT Front Strut brace sharpens up the front end quite nicely, and goes well with a Rear Strut Brace which you can pick up for around £70 2nd hand..It stops the back end from wallowing around so much

Whiteline's Anti-Lift Kit drastically reduces lift under acceleration and dive under braking, and also makes the steering MUCH more direct (but not heavy)..They're around £60 new, but bearing in mind you'll need to get the car aligned..It's made the car much more predictable in steering so I highly recommend it :D

If you want to spend a bit more, you can get a Whiteline Rear Anti-Roll Bar, which is easily the best handling mod for any Starlet..It REALLY tightens up the back of the car, and makes it a lot more agile! These are around £130 new..

I've bought all three and I can't get enough of driving the car now :(

You should also think about Braking mods if you want to start going quicker too (Dot 5.1 Fluid, Front Braided lines, GreenStuff pads)

And stripping out the car helps a lot if that's an option available to you

Anyhoo I hope that helps :wub:

thanks guys really helped there.

in terms of tyres my speedlines have 195/45/15 on. but they need to have 45 psi in them :wub:

they are fucking hard!! too hard my car hitting small bumps hard.

so is there any normal 30 - 35 psi tyres that are good in wet and not too pricey?

appreciating this guys.

thanks guys really helped there.

in terms of tyres my speedlines have 195/45/15 on. but they need to have 45 psi in them :wub:

they are fucking hard!! too hard my car hitting small bumps hard.

so is there any normal 30 - 35 psi tyres that are good in wet and not too pricey?

appreciating this guys.

DAMN 45psi is wayy overinflated! :D

You're not confusing the 45 in 195/45/15 for psi are you? Because that's the sidewall size!

You should be inflating around 33psi front tyres and 31psi back, maybe slightly higher if you want better economy (35psi, 33psi)

Get the tyre pressure right and see how it feels lol if it's still to harsh, go for 50 profile tyres (195/50/15) and they should be more comfortable! :(

DAMN 45psi is wayy overinflated! :(

You're not confusing the 45 in 195/45/15 for psi are you? Because that's the sidewall size!

You should be inflating around 33psi front tyres and 31psi back, maybe slightly higher if you want better economy (35psi, 33psi)

Get the tyre pressure right and see how it feels lol if it's still to harsh, go for 50 profile tyres (195/50/15) and they should be more comfortable! :D

no! thats what it says on tyres 45 psi! :wub:

HAHAHAHa!!! i cant belive he just said that!!...... no time 2 laugh... im sorryy.. yh it should be around the 30psi mark...... i thought that it would have to be a higher psi at the rear to decrease rolling resistance, and lowerer at the front to increase surface area, but it also could be me talkin crap :wub:

Anup

30 -35 psi

looks like i have a flat wheel?!it is too small and distorted.

32 on all 4 , checked every 2 weeks or so.....at 45 you could be causing alot of damage to the car and the tyres.

On topic, head over to katys? thread some good banter there :wub:

damage to car? :(

but 30-35 is definately too little pressure the wheel is all soft lokking and no size ata all

Maybe because they've been inflated so high before? I wouldn't worry to be honest, it's a lot safer running at that pressure than 45psi.. Imagine hitting a nail or something, a blowout at higher pressure would be more dangerous! :S

Maybe because they've been inflated so high before? I wouldn't worry to be honest, it's a lot safer running at that pressure than 45psi.. Imagine hitting a nail or something, a blowout at higher pressure would be more dangerous! :S

yea. im changn them in jan anyway.

Dude 45 is the max 35psi will be fine. i run mine at 33/35 they will look soft in comparison to the way they are in flated now as you are at the maximum. take it down to 35 trust the advice and you will see the improvement.

you have your tires on 45PSI!! if you carry on with that sort of pressure your wheels will develop stress cracks.

seriously let some air out your tires before it fucks your car up.

you are reading the max pressure on the tire and running it on that is extremley dangerous