Earl's / Tm Developments Brake Lines Aren't Fitting..

Okay so I recently bought these Earl's Front brake lines for my N/A from TM Developments

DSC02664.jpg

And I attempted to fit them the other day..I removed the old hose from the passenger side and cleaned up the bolts and areas where the new hoses will connect to, everything bolts up okay, but there's one problem..

Over here in the arch..(Nightspirit I hope you don't mind me borrowing the picture :wub:)

Hoses.jpg

Where the braking system pipe would bolt up to the new hose, there is a clip which holds the stock hose in place. Here's a pic of the clip

IMG00025-20091203-1444.jpg

The old hose..

IMG00027-20091203-1445.jpg

And the clip lined up to the housing Earl's hose

IMG00023-20091203-1443.jpg

IMG00022-20091203-1443.jpg

As you can see, the clip is too narrow to fill the gap on the new hose and I tried fitting it back into the arch, but obviously it was just loose and the clip fell off, leaving the hose unsecured

I wanted to ask if anyone has used Earl's braided hoses before and whether they had come across the same problem?

The only solution I can think of is to either get a thicker clip fabricated, or order 2 or 3 pairs of the clips so they hold the Earl's hoses in place.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Amjad :(

Okay so I recently bought these Earl's Front brake lines for my N/A from TM Developments

DSC02664.jpg

In this photo is the fitting that's half-way up the line the correct way round - or will it fit the struts either way round? What I mean is, should the tab that's on the metal tube be "caliper end" of the tube, or the "chassis end" of the tube?

On the OEM lines it looks like they have it the other way round (see first photo under "braided lines" here to see what I mean: http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2591 ). But of course it might not matter at all - has anyone got a photo of the tab bolted to a standard strut?

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

Was randomly looking through the braking section and saw this post :wacko:

Umm I think the bracket thing can slide up and down the hose iirc, but it was at the caliper end of the hose. Fitment was very good, only issue I had was with the C-Clip but a good piece of kit for only £30 :rtfm: