Which Tyre Is Better?

T1R's ARE Proxes. ("Toyo Proxes T1R") But I'd get T1R's over PX4's any day.

I haven't tried Rainsports so can't comment on them, but I have tried T1S and T1R and would definately recommend T1R's.

@ Rick - I didn't think think they were that bad in the wet, until the tread got low. Where do you buy the Rainsports from because camskill only have them in 16 inch?

I've got Uniroyal Rainsports on my Glanza and I had them on my SR too. I can't say I've abused the car too much on them but they feel 'safe' in the wet. As opposed my old Yoko Parada Spec 2's - hideous in the wet. I had Toyo T1R and T1S on my GT and they both wore down way too fast for my liking.

cant find any the size i want on ebay.... the t1R's cost about £111 altogether....and the rainsport 1's cost about £150..... i dont have that kind of money 2 spend, so its either t1R's or £20 each scapyard tyres, what do you think?

Anup

Another vote for Rainsport2's, can get a set on eBay for about £150 and as Rick stated they shit all over T1R's. I had them before and they span for fun.

^^ well das not very fun :wub:

but they will be a lot better than v.thin stellie's tyres, and also should be better than used tyres from the scrapyard

and it not like there is a lot of power to handle....its just an N/A

my budjet is about £115

T1R's will be fine mate just no reckless driving in the rain.

LOOOL dw i dont have that much trust in me or the car to be going fast in the wet :(

my starlet dosn't doo wet :D

i get wheel spin in gear 2 when taking of in the wet, and not even half throttle :wub:

Anup

• 4 weeks later...

anyone used the eagle F1 GD3's? i've used them on the mr2 for years and been impressed, wandering what there like on the glanza's

Also anyone ever heard of Bridgestone Playa's. I've got all 4 when the car came from japan. only information i can find is its a JDM only tyre, great in the dry but its all over the road in the wet.

Tim

TB Developments

• 2 weeks later...

was just reading through your thread and was going to say pzeros. im no tyre expert but i had pzeros on my nova and not much could stick with it through the lanes. before them i had toyo t1r's and you tell the difference in quality. i wouldn't warn you off the toyos because they aren't that bad, they make wet roundabouts quite interesting though :D

• 2 weeks later...