I have been looking around for quite some time for a cone filter. On ebay I came across "Apiro" filters which are quite (or rather very) inexpensive....it seems they are a new brand as there are only a few reviews about them on the internet....I have to say that none were negative....What are your thoughts on these filters? Are they as good as more expensive ones? If not are they at least better than OEM airbox?

They have been around for a while, they're just not a big company compared to others.

I used to have an Apiro cone filter and couldn't fault it at all, only paid £15 for it, well worth the money.

They have been around for a while, they're just not a big company compared to others.

I used to have an Apiro cone filter and couldn't fault it at all, only paid £15 for it, well worth the money.

x2 Very good filter had mine for a few months, no complaints to be made :p

x2 Very good filter had mine for a few months, no complaints to be made :p

Bought one of them for 20Euros shipped....not a lot of money....we'll see how it goes...if I don't like it it's back to the standard airbox lol

Any tips on maintenance of these filters? Cleaning every Xkms and so on?

They're cheap enough to just buy a new one once a year, I just gave mine a quick go over with a soft brush every 4 months or so, there always seems to be little flying bugs and shit in it in the summer. :p

That's probably what I'll do if the filter turns out to be good :(

A filter itself doesn't really change the sound, it's the fact that you're taking off the airbox and resonator, and changing it to an open piece of pipe.

It did sound fucking great though with the Corolla manifold aswell.