Electrics

So, basically my fuse for the cigarette lighter has the radio/cig lighter/clock on the same thing, its kinda short circuited and i dont know where, im just wondering is it worth me taking the dash out and ruining it, or a better idea to get it sorted out professionally and how much would it set me back?

there are quite a few things wrong its just leading me toward getting a new starlet :/ but i really dont want to if there might be some way of salvaging this which is cheaper than buying another starlet!

thanks guys

Look inside the cig lighter plug had it before with customer dropping coins or screw in there

luke

Nope theres been nothing in the actual plug, and its not even connected thats how i got it all working before, some of the wires from the fuse were melted, i separeted them best i could but i think theres more problems in the actual loom behind the dash :/

thanks

yes you have a direct short if wire are melted take it to an auto electrician the will sort that in 1hour £30-£40 should fix it if you were closer i'd fix it

heh, sounds good to me not too much money to fix it then im guessing, i think theres more than 1 short though...

i`ll see what money i can gather, it`ll be after new years now until i can get it sorted out, ill consider bringing it down to you mate. im gunna see how much the exhaust will cost to fix really soon aswell its making a horrible rattle, dont wanna have to sell it yet lol

If you want a Full standard zort putting on i can get you a quote of my bro to do it at the same time i fix your electrics after new year if you want. i'm in middleton manchester if you want to see how far you are let us know i can pm you my number

Well list everything thats wrong or that you want doing and I'll pass it on for a quote. The way i see it is if you spend your money to put it rite or just buy a new second hand car and have different problems that need fixing.

yeah i suppose, right off the top off my head,

-exhaust (rattling a lot!)

-electricts (also the wires that connect to the stereo look like they have tampered with before i bought the car, taped them up with electrical tape

-think the heater controls aren't switching, might need some reconnecting/messing around behind the dash.

my mate (mcbeal) plugged in a sat nav before a trip to wales and it blew a fuse,chck your fuses below the steering wheel(its a wee flap u pull down) u shud find a fuckd fuse!your local garage shud do a pack of replacements for unda 2quid mate!let me no wot hapens!hope u get it sorted!

ps,your exhaust rattlin,checked its not just the pipe hitin the heat sheild?

my mate (mcbeal) plugged in a sat nav before a trip to wales and it blew a fuse,chck your fuses below the steering wheel(its a wee flap u pull down) u shud find a fuckd fuse!your local garage shud do a pack of replacements for unda 2quid mate!let me no wot hapens!hope u get it sorted!

ps,your exhaust rattlin,checked its not just the pipe hitin the heat sheild?

Ive checked all the fuses, the actual wire has melted onto another which ive separated its better for a professional to do it, my expertise stops when i go deeper and will eventually i`ll end up destroying the car somehow.. nope ive been told its my exhaust i`ll get a vid and pics of the carnage soon lol..

thanks for the reply guys