Wms Starlet 4 Pot Brake Kit & General Discussion

my WMS kit just arrived before crimbo, and my red stuff pads arrived today!

ive unrapped the packaging and the four piston calipers look very shmick, was actualy surprised at how light they were compared to my heavy st205 four pots.

cant wait to get it onto a car hopefully by the end of this week, !

Good stuff, glad you like them so far! :angry2:

I've added the heavy-duty profile to the PDF collection, as I'm having trouble getting the 275x22 disc in the short-term! (typical)

275x22mm EP91 kit profile, accurate to about 1.0mm: 275mm WMS kit PDF

277x25mm heavy-duty EP91 kit profile, accurate to about 1.0mm: 277x25mm WMS kit PDF

Proposed smallest possible 262.5mm EP91 kit profile, accurate to about 1.0mm: 262.5mm WMS kit PDF

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wellllll, I can probably make the odd exception when people really are local and want to pick stuff up... :angry2:

Fantastic news :angry2: , I will definatley be getting in touch as soon as I find out how much I have been paid!! hopefully by either this friday or next friday.

Cheers

Phil.

Fantastic news :angry2: , I will definatley be getting in touch as soon as I find out how much I have been paid!! hopefully by either this friday or next friday.

Cheers

Phil.

lol, hold your horses a bit, the two Beta kits are both sold!

I need to get a batch of brackets made and re-stock the calipers, but then I'll be ready to roll again. I may be making some progress with the 275x22 discs as well, fingers crossed as the 277x25mm ones are more expensive which isn't the plan.

lol, hold your horses a bit, the two Beta kits are both sold!

I need to get a batch of brackets made and re-stock the calipers, but then I'll be ready to roll again. I may be making some progress with the 275x22 discs as well, fingers crossed as the 277x25mm ones are more expensive which isn't the plan.

When do you think the next batch will be ready?

When do you think the next batch will be ready?

Sometime this month, the sooner the better! Brackets normally take about 3 weeks in total inc anodising, calipers vary a lot more but there should be some ready to go that were held back from the last batch (6 from memory).

I'll have a better idea in the next couple of days.

Sometime this month, the sooner the better! Brackets normally take about 3 weeks in total inc anodising, calipers vary a lot more but there should be some ready to go that were held back from the last batch (6 from memory).

Brilliant, if you could let me know as soon as you find out, as my front brakes need replacing within this month.

Phil

Brilliant, if you could let me know as soon as you find out, as my front brakes need replacing within this month.

Phil

No problem Phil - if it's really critical I might be able to lend you some OEM spec discs or pads from the "development/reference parts bin" to get you by for a few weeks! :angry2:

I've got part worn EBC Greens (yuk) here you could borrow, not sure about discs though.

No problem Phil - if it's really critical I might be able to lend you some OEM spec discs or pads from the "development/reference parts bin" to get you by for a few weeks! :)

I've got part worn EBC Greens (yuk) here you could borrow, not sure about discs though.

Thanks for the offer :D , should just get through the month.

Hi,

Any news on these yet :(

Hi,

Any news on these yet :(

Yup, I ordered a small batch of 6x 1.38/1.38 calipers (ideal for 99% of starlets) and 6x 1.62/1.75 calipers (big piston area, ok for people with bias boxes etc) just to keep things ticking over - shouldn't take long but tends to be out of my hands. There weren't any left over so this is a fresh small batch.

I'll be getting "production" brackets done soon as well, but there are still some "beta" ones left in the meantime (f/a real difference to be honest, mainly my own internal part numbers etc!).

Cant remember, do the discs differ on the 82's and 91's as the 91's have abs? Or are the notches in the cv's?

The ABS ring appears to be part of the CV joint kit (via google)....I didn't see anything on the OEM disc I have.

Have just realised it is just the rear discs that differ with the abs

Ah, that would make sense as they are one lump, inc hub and bearing - annoying though!

--------------

I'd just like to publicly apologise to my customer in Norway who's kit (2nd of the two beta ones) I've only just managed to ship. My normal disc supplier discontinued the 275x22 disc with no warning (still working on that), then all the snow and ice etc meant several other suppliers were closed for ages, but the UK seems to be back on track now.

So, sorry about that and I hope the 277x25 heavy-duty upgrade helps make up for it - the UK needs to learn about dealing with snow from Norway! :lol:

well my pads are here today, im looking on track to defo get them fitted this week Keri,

i cant actualy wait :D

im gona stick them on a 4x4 ep95

Sweet! Don't forget to see if we can do away with the 45' fittings at the chassis end of the lines, they're there to tweak the angle of the lines away from the wheels but there might not be a need. :D

When is the 277x25 kit likely to be ready? How mush more will it cost?

Hiya - the calipers are here (arrived yesterday), I've just got to get a batch of brackets done now which is much faster, a few weeks will see everything on the shelf if there are no glitches! :mellow:

The price will be very similar for both versions though, maybe 5-10% more for the thicker disc at the outside (only because it has more machining than the 22mm one).

In the meantime I can still offer kits but with the "beta" brackets, not quite as pretty as the productions brackets will be (the ones in the photos are "beta") but the same dimensions, shall I work you out a price? Lead time on "beta" kits is about a week.

Cheers! Keri

Hiya - the calipers are here (arrived yesterday), I've just got to get a batch of brackets done now which is much faster, a few weeks will see everything on the shelf if there are no glitches! :mellow:

The price will be very similar for both versions though, maybe 5-10% more for the thicker disc at the outside (only because it has more machining than the 22mm one).

In the meantime I can still offer kits but with the "beta" brackets, not quite as pretty as the productions brackets will be (the ones in the photos are "beta") but the same dimensions, shall I work you out a price? Lead time on "beta" kits is about a week.

Cheers! Keri

Hi Keri,

If you could work out a price for the beta kit, hopefully still be able to afford a set even through my race spec rocker cover cracked!! not bothered about how pretty they are.

Regards,

Phil.

Hi Keri,

If you could work out a price for the beta kit, hopefully still be able to afford a set even through my race spec rocker cover cracked!! not bothered about how pretty they are.

Regards,

Phil.

Bummer about the crack - I would get in touch with these guys in Hastings, I bet they can weld/smooth it like it never happened.. www.hastingsmotorsheetmetalworks.com ...they make sports car bodies from scratch, hammers and aluminium sheet type skills! Also do alloy wheel repairs including welding up missing chunks. :mellow:

I'm just working out a price for the 277x25 beta kit and will be able to deliver one in about a week (as you're local and desperately lacking brake pads?)? Let me know...

In fact as a general heads-up, I will take orders now for the 277x25 beta kit as I have three in total available in the same "week-ish" timescale. After that I'll be out of the brackets I've been re-machining into "beta" brackets, so we'll just need the proper batch to arrive.

Details to be updated on the first post of this thread.