Bloody Snow Lol

i had a minor crash lol, with a bit of a headache lol

me an my mate decided to do a few handbrakes at this turning circle, near me, and it was like black ice underneath, i drove up brakes locked slid for about 10m into a monsterous curb (glad my bumper was ok tho!!

I wernt wearing my seatbelt because i wasnt goin fast, but sliding into a big curb at bout 20mph still hurts, it threw me off my seat and i hit my head on top of windscreen lol, was quite funny tbh, because it was so slow

just before:

dsc02533k.jpgw320.png

Shidded:

dsc02536t.jpgw320.png

hit curb

dsc02538l.jpgw320.png

The damage

dsc02539z.jpgw320.png

And somehow i shattered the disc, dont even know how the hell i did it because driveshaft was still ok, and in place :) :

dsc02540.jpgw320.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not bloody snow its more like bloody stupidity :)

lol no im blaming it on the snow lol

what made things even worse i rang the rac to use one of my free recoverys i was put on hold for ages and it used 9 quid, ran out of credit before i could get through, so drove it home :)

your fault but still bad news lol. handbrake turns are a bad idea anyways never mind in the snow.

and ALWAYS wear your seatbelt. you might not have been moving fast but doesnt mean noone else is.

i hadnt even pulled the handbrake to do that, id just pulled up off the road into this place because it looked like a good place to do it, and tapped the foot brake, that was it slid straight into curb couldnt even steer.

Gutted :)

A few videos from when January when I first had the GT in the snow :)

Where I go into the bank on the 2nd video I done it once and my mate came down the hill in his EG civic and couldnt stop on sheet ice and went straight into the back of me, wrote his civic write off and there was hardly anything wrong with the starbo :o just took the paint off the bumper

holly shit dude that sounds and looks terrible, i hit the curb too yesterday wasn't really doing anything stupid at the time, luckily i was only rolling in "D"rive so wasn't even doing 1mph then i turned and it just went into the curb :) only left mark on the alloy which was unmarked like the rest! Best stop handbraking.

i hadnt even pulled the handbrake to do that, id just pulled up off the road into this place because it looked like a good place to do it, and tapped the foot brake, that was it slid straight into curb couldnt even steer.

lol in theory it was still the idea of a handbrake turn that made you crash :) sliding on snow is a bad feeling. done it last year comin up to a crossroad and basically if there was a car coming it wouldnt have been pretty lol

lol in theory it was still the idea of a handbrake turn that made you crash :) sliding on snow is a bad feeling. done it last year comin up to a crossroad and basically if there was a car coming it wouldnt have been pretty lol

lol your not wrong its the fact that its going so slow and threse nothing you can do, and you know whats coming!

wev all done handbrake turns in the snow at 1 point, dont say u havent lol its fun but its dangerous my cars been skidding all over the road all day without touching the hand brake lol

i hate this weather i think ill put the car off the road for a few weeks and use my untrusty old transit lol

Was doing handbrakes last night...lol drifting around trees in a park car park. lol..

Never enjoyed it this much.. Seen a car coming a distance away.. Lit a cig and waited, happened to be undercover, lady jumped out and had a sniff through my window as me and my mate were smoking.. then jumped back in her car. haha.. Okay.. so i carried on.lol.

wev all done handbrake turns in the snow at 1 point, dont say u havent lol its fun but its dangerous my cars been skidding all over the road all day without touching the hand brake lol

i hate this weather i think ill put the car off the road for a few weeks and use my untrusty old transit lol

RWD transit I hope!!!! :)

No it's not big, no it's not clever, and no it wasn't me!

PS - That disc was probably very COLD....and very CAST IRON = very brittle.

dsc02540.jpg

EDIT - There's rust on the cracked part of the vent on that disc - it's been cracked for ages!!!! Make sure you replace the other one as well dude...

yeah its real wheel drive and was a 3.5 petrol but its been changed for a diesel engine (found that out when the logbook came through lol) and the looms have been sellotaped together, its a deathtrap, u get more heat off the wires than u do off the heaters lol