Are There Any Meister R Coilover Reviews?

Has anyone got a proper review for these other than "ooh the they're shiney" or "they look good"?

Are they any good or are they just another D2 incarnation i.e. crap?

I know they have a good level of adjustability and all that, but it's the internal bits that make the difference between a good/bad coilover.

From what I gather so far:

D2/K Sport are shit, BCs are the same, and apparently (not sure if it's true) MeisterR's are made with BC's the same way K Sport are the same as D2's.

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to decide what coilovers to get for the CRX. Also MeisterR make a brake upgrade (bigger discs) with pads for the CRX but I'm not sure I'd trust my car's braking ability on some cheaply made shit. On the other hand it could be quite good, but I'm skeptical.

Obviously there are always other coilovers like Tein's but they're probably out of my price range.

i really dont agree with what your saying damian, the build quality is not that great on the bc's have a search on the net and you will see what i mean, althought they are 'good' coilovers with great back up and service, they are too firmly damped for uk roads in my opinion.

i am in the process of writing a review for the meister rs and can give an honest opinion as i currently have a set of bc's on the swat buss, and a set of zeta-r's on a demo car. ive previusly had d2s(never again! only lasted four months and too firmly damped. )

tein ha's which also burst

d2

k sport

bc racing

mesiter rs

are all tiwanese brands. but the zeta rs saving grace is it has been specked for uk roads unlike the others which are all tailored to american roads there for over damped.

i rate the meister zeta rs highly. in my opinion are the best road coilys on the market . after driving on them, its my choice and what i would recomend to all customers,

id only knock bc's on for being overdamped, even on the lowest setting

and a few build quality issues(top nuts not being tigtened etc).

Yeah that's pretty much what I've found from searching on the net Enzo, couldn't find any proper reviews of the MeisterR's though, I suppose they haven't really been out long enough to be able to know what their reliability and longevity are like.

I'll wait to see this review of the MeisterR's.

I haven't tested the BC's but I've had K-Sports and D2s. The MeisterR's piss all over them, they are sooo comfy for road use. People would always complain about the ride comfort in my car, especially females (even on aftermarket shocks and lowering springs) but I didn't have a single complain with the MeisterRs. They really are excellent for road use. I will be buying the same suspension for my next vehicle without a doubt.

Two of my mates had them on Hondas too. One being an EG and the other an EF, they both rated them highly and after I tested the suspension in their cars, I bought mine.

You may find that the BC's don't go very low either. Well not on the Starlet's they don't. B)

Jerrick @ MeisterR is also an extremely helpful man which is added bonus! :thumbsup:

id have to concure with everything your saying idrees, for my sr project il only be buying zeta r's when i have them back in stock. im also selling my bcs to replace them

im not slaggng the bc's at all just giving a point on what i think is better for ride quality.

like i said the service of the bc's and spare parts is great.

Ste Meister have been around for a while on Civic's and CRX's now so would be best to ask on them forums. My mates has some on his EG and he rates them I have been in there and it feels pretty good tbh.

I am almost swaying towards some if I cant find a decent set of Teins.

I'm liking what I hear but there is also another company that make coilovers for CRX's called "Gaz". I'm not sure if anyone's heard of them as I don't think they make anything for Starlets but they seem to be well liked on the CRX forum and have been around for quite a while. They're a fair bit cheaper than the MeisterR's at £450 but they don't offer the same level of adjustability. (Single perch design like the Tein Super Streets).

So it's a toss up between those two at the minute.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Im getting Meisters soon and was very impressed with the testing videos Meister have posted on TGTT.com

They took a set to Porsche UK Motorsport place and had them tested on a 'Damper Dyno'

They also have a good after service prices. Bout £80 per bust shock and £25 for replacement springs,£110 per set of topmounts. All work carried out in the UK, no posting back to Twaian sp?

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to add some bits for a little info for everyone.

First, MeisterR are different from the current offering of coilovers you have on the market.

The specification of the Zeta-S and Zeta-R have been adjusted so even if things look the same, the are defiantly different inside.

The Zeta-R for the Starlet are build bespoke for the EP82 / EP91 chassis from the ground up.

Every bits of the coilovers has been re-specified for the EP82 / EP91 chassis that will be use in UK / Europe uneven fast road surfaces.

A small list of what have been adjusted to suit the EP chassis: Springs Length, Springs Rate, Damper Case Length, Damper Stroke Travel, Damper Valving, Lower Bracket Design... and a few other bits.

This is not an off the shelf kit that was design for a Toyota Tercel that happen to fit on a Starlet, it is bespoke made.

The Zeta-R will provide the correct ride for a Starlet driving on UK Fast Road, with enough damping adjustments for track use and the correct level of ride height adjustments.

Here are some pictures of Starlets on the Zeta-R, most of these actually can be lowered more, but you can see how how they are already.

EP91-1.jpg

EP91-2.jpg

meisterr1.jpg

21122009136.jpg

As been said before, the ride are compliant and comfortable.

They will not be crashy and will give you great control over the when you are pushing your car down uneven fast roads.

I hope these will give everyone a bit more info about MeisterR.

If there are any questions, please feel free to contact me at info@meisterR.com and I will do the best of my ability to answer them. :mellow:

Here is a quick review from a customers in Aberdeen who purchase a set of MeisterR Zeta-R Coilovers.

This review are done with brand new out of the box coilovers, so the dampers and other parts of the coilovers are not fully broken in.

The damping range will be softer and more compliant all around after the dampers break in.

It normally takes about 2-3 weeks of normal driving for all parts of the coilovers to properly break in. :D

Quick review of them:

To start with I had my bc's but due to the shocking roads around here I wanted to try something a little bit softer, as due to doing 90 miles a day when in the office, the odds are I'm going to come accross some real shit roads around Aberdeen. Which I do.

First impressions where the quality is good, the same quality as bc's. I wouldn't say either has a higher quality look just from a visual inspection. Although I'm no coil over guru at all.

Installation was as easy as my bc's, anyone could fit them, I did!

Once they where on my car, I found the standard settings a bit harsh still for my roads, so I adjusted it down 3 clicks to make it 10 I think, as it comes from the box at 13 iirc from the manual.

Once I had softened it up, they are much better suited now for my needs. Although to match the bc's I had to crank it down at the rear height wise, although only like a 5-10mm difference from my bc's, just because no use having the car stupidly low around here, although I think I could get another 15mm lower if I wanted, while my bc's where maxed out as low as I could go with the pre set pre load. So they can go at a guestimate about 25-30mm lower than bc's at the rear.

When driving I do prefer the meisters due to being a bit softer, which in turn makes the car a bit less rattly and less needing to swerve to avoid pot holes as much as I used to.

Could say they are more compliant as I know Jerrick likes to use that word alot :haha:

Hope that helps some of you who are deciding if MeisterR Suspension is the right choice for your car. :D