• 1 month later...

The standard gt/glanza strut brace is held on by two nuts each side (total of 4). Aftermarket will usually be four each side (total of 8)

You do not have to jack up or secure any other parts of your car, you can do this simple task with just your bonnet open.

You bolt down one side semi loosely so that when you go to fit the other side you can maneuver/align the brace so that you can get the threads into the nut holes.

You then secure the other two nuts. The fuel filter will defo be in your way, to get it to budge loosen its bracket or like a method mentioned above.

The brace will also be a little tight against the standard airbox but will fit. Very effective and cheap handling mod. Just dont get too overconfident :lol:

Hope this helps.

Joz

The standard gt/glanza strut brace is held on by two nuts each side (total of 4). Aftermarket will usually be four each side (total of 8)

You do not have to jack up or secure any other parts of your car, you can do this simple task with just your bonnet open.

You bolt down one side semi loosely so that when you go to fit the other side you can maneuver/align the brace so that you can get the threads into the nut holes.

You then secure the other two nuts. The fuel filter will defo be in your way, to get it to budge loosen its bracket or like a method mentioned above.

The brace will also be a little tight against the standard airbox but will fit. Very effective and cheap handling mod. Just dont get too overconfident :lol:

Hope this helps.

Joz

Thanks mate...spot on :p

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't got a pic, but the OEM rear strut braces are three point. They bolt into the strut towers and the third point is in the boot floor, but out N/As don't have holes for fitting them..I think? :lol:

I haven't got a pic, but the OEM rear strut braces are three point. They bolt into the strut towers and the third point is in the boot floor, but out N/As don't have holes for fitting them..I think? :lol:

looking at pics of the glanza boot, i cant see the central point? i would have thought it could be attached at the two points and just free hanging or sat on the floor in the middle (possibly having a block with two threaded posts welded in the correct location) would give at least 2/3 of an improvement to having none?!? lol