Hey i'm looking for a bit of help as my glanza won't start. It began a week or so ago when i turned key it wasn't starting and turning over very slowly but when i pumped accelerator pedal it started but sometimes was starting totally fine without any problems. Yesterday it wouldn't start again i pressed accelerator and nothing and it wasn't even turning over it was just making a clicking sound. So i put jump leads on thinking it as a battery issue left them on for about 20 minutes tried several times and again it was just clicking? Anyone have any ideas because i'm stuck with no car and my friend who works on it is away till new years eve which no doubt i won't be able to get parts then either.

Thanks

Karen

starter contacts fuck up on them, quite easy to replace. also check charge rate at the battery and at the rear of the alt as could be a wiring from alt to battery, go halford and get them to drop test ya battery to see if a cell is down also check engine earths as they can cause slow cranking poor starting problems.

luke

It has been very cold here and the day it gave up was another frozen day, I'm going to get another battery anyway as easily replaceable and i know the one in it isn't brilliant and will put it in tomo and see what happens. will update tomo