Hey guys, just a quick one!

Last few times ive driven my car, mainly in high boost and i put my foot down to accelerate, the revs pick up and the boost lights light up but no speed being gained.

Im pretty sure its the clutch slipping, but just wanted some reasurance before i fork out on a new one? It doesnt happen all the time though :S? Got caught out today as i went to over take and found myslef stuck in the path of oncoming traffic...oops!

It pulls away fine and bites fine, but just when you boot it in high boost it slips, anyone else had the same problem?

And obviously i want to get this fixed asap, woudnt mine going for a slight upgrated clutch - any ideas?

Regards Stu

Sounds like clutch to me, mine did same when i needed a new one, get one in there and you will be fine :thumbsup:

Yeh thought so, how much yours cost mate when you had it done, did you just have standard clutch put in?

nahhh i went balls out and bought a padle clutch, depends on what you planning on doing as to what clutch will suit you best.

Well was looking for something like a fast road one, but i want useable due to traffic? i was thinking maybe a fast road Exedy 3 piece clutch?

yes sounds like a clutch mine did the same between 3500 it would then just rev upto 4500 then bite and go, i have the exedy in mine depends how much you are going to mod it in the future

I might have this problem, like i tried proper launching yesterday and just as it pulled off the revs dropped wayy back down and it kinda stumbled forward...

See i thought i had some kind of misfire problem with my car hesitating under acceleration and idling a bit low / lumpy, but when i start the car from cold it idles higher for like 20 seconds to warm up, so i dont think it's a misfire, ive never had a clutch go before but i think it could be a possibility.....

Guest dominodon

That be your clutch slipping on boost your clutch is going , Same as mine, clutch wise i would go for CAP or ACT if you have the funds

idle has nothing to do with the clutch mate wont effect the idle at all