Enkei wheels

those are different wheels shel, look closely :D

although, they were originally off an mx5 yes, mazda dealers sold them off on ebay rather cheap, hence why they're now doing the rounds, and almost every bloody starlet/crx etc has them.

you WILL need spigots rings though, mx5 cbore's are alot larger than a starlet's, so you'll need some to take the load/strain off the wheel nuts and centre things up :D

You dont need any spigot rings mate, they fit fine. Like everyone else said, they're from MX5's and got sold off cheap.

um, yes you will mate. the studs/nuts alone weren't designed to take the weight of the car, thats the hub's job, if the cbore of the wheel is FAR larger than that of the hub, then its not doing anything, plus there are more risks of it not being perfectly centred to the hub, thus causing unwanted vibrations etc, which can again risk the studs/nuts.

if you're using mx5 wheels without spigots, then it can be rather dangerous, due to the cbore being alot larger than that of a starlet's. fancy shearing off a stud/nut mid corner? no, didnt think so :D

certainly worth the 10 quid they cost any day of the week :D

• 2 weeks later...
Those wheels look nice and would look mint on ya car if its decked :D

It is mate. Stuck a set of PI -40's on it last weekend.

Wheels are on their way. Toyo T1-R's are on their way and it should look a little bit like this by next weekend...

starlet_low.jpg

:lol:

DAMN!!!!!!!!! That'll look awesome! A set of clear indicators too though, clean up the front end. Damn, i cant get over how class that looks!

Phil.

Cheers Phil, ;)

Not sure where to get the clears from, but yeah I agree. It'll tidy it up realy nicely. Gotta figure out how to do the grille first though' ;)

EarL

bro, only take out the bottom of the top two spars man,,

think it looks alot better than taking both of them out lol,

ive done both ways to different starlets ive had in the past and think it works better,

here are some pics for you to decide.

doesent look right with both of them out

clear2.jpg

heres my sr with it done

subyg.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

and mirracles brief the same

DSCN0405.jpg

what do you think bruv?

Cheers Phil, ;)

Not sure where to get the clears from, but yeah I agree. It'll tidy it up realy nicely. Gotta figure out how to do the grille first though' :p

EarL

The grille is a doddle mate, take your bumper off and make a template outta cardboard 1st. thats what I did and its perfect.

You get the clears from toyota aswell, check the part numbers section, phone toyota and tell them the part numbers. they're £8 + vat for the pair ;)

It will look good with the enkeis on.

I kinda like it with both spars out. personal preference though! :p

P7030026.jpg

um, yes you will mate. the studs/nuts alone weren't designed to take the weight of the car, thats the hub's job, if the cbore of the wheel is FAR larger than that of the hub, then its not doing anything, plus there are more risks of it not being perfectly centred to the hub, thus causing unwanted vibrations etc, which can again risk the studs/nuts.

if you're using mx5 wheels without spigots, then it can be rather dangerous, due to the cbore being alot larger than that of a starlet's. fancy shearing off a stud/nut mid corner? no, didnt think so ;)

certainly worth the 10 quid they cost any day of the week :p

Very true, the bolts are not soley there to keep the wheel on the hub.. Even if they fit on perfect I'd never put any rims on without the spigot rings first. It's surprising what little plastic or aluminium rings can do ;)

Take em down to your local alloy centre and I'm sure they will be able to find rings that fit the car and the tyre.

Cheers Phil, B)

Not sure where to get the clears from, but yeah I agree. It'll tidy it up realy nicely. Gotta figure out how to do the grille first though' :p

EarL

I think there is a set on Ebay at the moment, Joz posted it in the E-bay finds forum.

bro, only take out the bottom of the top two spars man,,

think it looks alot better than taking both of them out lol,

ive done both ways to different starlets ive had in the past and think it works better,

here are some pics for you to decide.

doesent look right with both of them out

heres my sr with it done

and mirracles brief the same

what do you think bruv?

Thanks for the pics dude. ;)

I think I'll be doing both spars though. I really like that look.

Very true, the bolts are not soley there to keep the wheel on the hub.. Even if they fit on perfect I'd never put any rims on without the spigot rings first. It's surprising what little plastic or aluminium rings can do ;)

Will do mate. Better safe than sorry. :p

Thanks for the heads up.

EarL.

Cheers Phil, ;)

Not sure where to get the clears from, but yeah I agree. It'll tidy it up realy nicely. Gotta figure out how to do the grille first though' ;)

EarL

Theres a set of clear units on ebay for a galanza,dunno if they fit yours or not. would put a link up but i'm not that computer minded!

The grille is a doddle mate, take your bumper off and make a template outta cardboard 1st. thats what I did and its perfect.

You get the clears from toyota aswell, check the part numbers section, phone toyota and tell them the part numbers. they're £8 + vat for the pair ;)

It will look good with the enkeis on.

I kinda like it with both spars out. personal preference though! :p

P7030026.jpg

Cheers Wylo,

Not quite sure what you mean by making a cardboard template. :p

A template for what dude?

Yours looks fantastic. Just the sort of look I'm after at the front. ;)

When you cut the spars off, did you fill in the gaps that were left with? Is that what the templates for?

Sorry mate i didnt make that very clear. I put mesh in behind the gap and painted it black, thats what the template was for. Make sure the mesh fitted 1st time. ;)

ehh the gaps at the side, i used filler on them then painted over, they're not that noticable though to be honest.

Cheers man, I like the look of the front too, never thought a granny car could look so aggressive ;)