Been looking at these a lot lately and its definitely a potential next car. Just wondered if anyone has 1 or has owned one and could give some feedback.

I already know there slow and will feel snail speed compared to my glanza, but the comfort/class side of things would outweigh it.

So any advice would be lovely =]

Thanks starlet'ers

At least get one with a straight-six engine (nice sound and smooth power) and preferably the coupe, then you'd probably have quite a nice car. Can see why you'd rather have a more comfortable car, sometimes think about that too when I'm driving over some shitty road on my coilovers, but then again you just don't really get that driving experience you get in a slightly older, noisy and fast turbo car. :angry2:

:angry2:

get a 323 mate. My friend had one at the workplace it was pretty quick with plenty of torque instantly. It was comfy and fast so would be ideal replacement. if you get a 318 you will soon be pissed of with it TRUST ME! 323 will do you some good too.

:angry2:

get a 323 mate. My friend had one at the workplace it was pretty quick with plenty of torque instantly. It was comfy and fast so would be ideal replacement. if you get a 318 you will soon be pissed of with it TRUST ME! 323 will do you some good too.

Or do some spannering! Not quite the same but my lil brother has an E30 touring, with a £50 3.5 5 series straight 6 running LPG - over 200bhp and cheap fuel = cheap RWD fun with a big boot.

And it spits blue flames on the overrun. :angry2:

I've been looking at a silver one, 2000 plate with 18'' msport wheels, Bloody lovely. My only concern is i'm only 20 yrs and although the insurance is slightly cheaper than the starlet, The slow bmw will cost twice as much on tyres,fuel,tax,repairs than my quick starlet!

I have a Full wheel refurb on credit at a garage, i think i'll get the starlet wheels done and see if that gives me a change of heart.

Although me owning the bmw will look sick, i'm a sly bit addicted to boost! ;o hence the dilemma!

Cost/speed/class/comfort grrrr

Thanks for all your inputs, if anyone else has anything to say i'd REALLY appreciate it

Speed and comfort just don't really match, unless you have a shitload of money, in that case get a Veyron. That'll be comfy and has 4 turbos which should be enough for anyone who loves boost. :angry2: Seriously though, BMWs are probably the nicest combination of luxury and performance, if you take the right version obviously. I'd personally never go for one without a straight-six engine (or loads of fake M crap on them), also for the simple reason BMWs will be expensive to run (parts etc.) so it's not really worth it to take the high costs and then end up with a car that isn't really that interesting. :angry2:

Speed and comfort just don't really match, unless you have a shitload of money, in that case get a Veyron. That'll be comfy and has 4 turbos which should be enough for anyone who loves boost. :angry2: Seriously though, BMWs are probably the nicest combination of luxury and performance, if you take the right version obviously. I'd personally never go for one without a straight-six engine (or loads of fake M crap on them), also for the simple reason BMWs will be expensive to run (parts etc.) so it's not really worth it to take the high costs and then end up with a car that isn't really that interesting. :angry2:

Well when you put it like that! A glanza is far more interesting,cheaper,faster than a 318ci e46.

Thanks mate, You may have just kept a glanza in the club for a while longer ;p

Dude im off to see a e46 Ci in Topiaz blue with the full M-Kit.

Basically M3 looks without the beefiness. but as said youd hate the 1.8 as it will be slugish in every gear 323 is the minimum. If i dotn buy this BMW i will be buyign another glanza off here sunday. I cant decide between another glanza the bmw or a merc clk 230k

think im startin to want a comfier car just to boot about in when weather is shit. i cant haver performance it the rain so i should be allowed comford. a beemer would be sweet to scoot about it if i wasnt 20 lol