Glanza V Boost Button

you get 6psi on low in the first few gears regardless of weather the boost is on hi and low

low is 6psi and high is 9psi 115bhp aprox on low and 133bhp on high,

there is no real need for the hi low boost button , it was factored in for mountonous regions.

the ep82 did not have this girly button and its no problem to bypass the solenoid so you get the full 133 in the first few gears also.

if you have not done this mod its like getting almost 20 bhp for free

check this link for mod tutorial high low boost

My guess -

it's actuall position is high (low boost off) and for wintery times you push the button in (activating the solenoid) to limit the boost. Thats all there really is to it. What else do you want to know about it lol?

does anyone know a way of having full boost in all gears aswell as been able to use low boost mode when you want it.

as far as i know an actuator is needed to do this but i may be wrong so i might aswell ask :angry2:

My guess -

it's actuall position is high (low boost off) and for wintery times you push the button in (activating the solenoid) to limit the boost. Thats all there really is to it. What else do you want to know about it lol?

the low boost mode is actually for economical driving tbh, its the 1st and 2nd gear restriction in hi boost mode that was meant for safety or as you put it safety during wintery, low grip times

supposed to be 1st and 2nd gear boost restriction but i found when i had a boost gauge in hi turbo mode it was like 6psi in 1st and full in 2nd but i by passed that now im runing 11psi full boost with a standered actuator with out a problem no management lights on nothing and i got a relocated filter to :angry2:

the low boost mode is actually for economical driving tbh

Thats not strickly true. It was developed for when traction was needed in the mountains etc. Says so in the Jap manual.

Try doing a tank on lo boost, then a tank on hi boost and seeing the difference. For me, I could get 250 miles on a tank with lo boost, 280 on high. I know Im not the only one who found this too.

Did the pipe switcharoo to derestrict mine, and havent the cars much more fun in 1st and 2nd.

Oz

I recently put the hi/low boost back for a longer trip through the snow, thought it would be smarter and it's a 2 sec job anyway. When I arrived at the destination though I immediately changed it back. That was the most boring drive ever. :angry2: Overtaking in 5th gear etc on the motorway was just horrible. On the other hand it did obviously work when your driving somewhere remote in town, pulling away etc. is easier, but then when you want the power it's not there. Did get great mileage though on that trip with low boost on all the time, but that could just as well have been because of the 'drive-it-like-its-a-prius' driving style in the snow, e.g. braking on the engine, driving around at less then 2000 rpm.

I've modded my boost button so its at 10psi on low then on high it turns my hdi ebc on set to 1bar well its wired in but not using it yet as i've not got my suporting mods on yet