Playing With A 30k Focus Rs

hi guys, coming back from me friends house on me own, car is running very well in standard form.

very cold night, roads wasnt to busy, cruising home at no fast pace

out from the dark in me rear view mirror i see what looks like a focus, sitting up me arse tryin to push me along. boggy bloody green thing

was on a B round driving at around 50mph with him kissin my exhaust pipe.

within 4-5 mins i was abit peed off and coming upto a roundabout to go straight over to stay on the B round.

i pressed the hight button along with the power button, he new i was going to put me foot down

so exiting the roundabout i put medal to the metal, 40mph im doing really well

50mph he hasnt court me up at all.

60mph gap is still the same.

the next time i looked i hit 75mph and the gap had slightly closed but not closing too fast.

at this point we was braking for the next roundabout, i thought I've shown what me little car can do so now leave me alone.

he slowly drives past me and turns out to be a 09 focus rs. he didnt look to happy :lol:

just a little story as im over the moon with it, i mean 1993 starlet auto v 30k 09 ford rs

who the man!!!!! lol

regards

to be honest guy i think shes standard, what I've said is the total truth, not in my nature to lie about things.

but from looking under the bonnet, and from he questions I've asked, shes totaly standard.

but then again i wouldnt really no!

what you wouldnt really know and therefore couldnt possibly be accused of lying about is whether or not the focus was "goin for it"

id say it wasnt, maybe you think it was, so long as your happy, im happy :D:lol:

Phil

auto starlets are fast man i got 85 in second, when you kick down not allot of cars can't*** touch me or this guy i'm guessing he got auto ep82, i'm sure i have more fun in my auto glanza then i would in a manual glanza :lol: Thats my opinion, i'm sure most of you will dissagree, but the kick down on the auto starlets is just amazingly fast! by the time you blink, it has changed down a gear!

There not up to much in a straight line......

but I smell BS, sorry, keep dreaming that you kept up with a 300hp car with buckets of torque in a 130hp auto starlet....

guy was probably playing.

Hmmm its not always down to quickness alot of it is down to the driver!

they arnt that spectacular performance wise tbh for 30k this months editon of evo has a road test between it, the leon cupra r,

a quater mile time of 14.5 seconds is nothing to write home about for a 30k car with 300 brake.

putting that into perspective a lightly boosted ep or a standard integra type r will do that all day everyday.

plus second gear in an auto is a great gear, as its so long goin up to 80, its great for sprinting out of 40 zones and kicking down for overtaking. the biggest thing i miss about driving an auto turbo starlet(had 2)

it sounds like the guy started closing just before that gear was out(i can picture it),

maybe he caught him napping or the guy was in 3rd when he should have been in second or what not but it doesent sound totaly daft and i could believe it.

I agree, this is where the Starlets is best from a rolling start upto around 90-100mph.

They are meant to be pretty laggy and if he caught him out (plus being an auto) I would imagine he would of had the edge for that amount of time. After the magic tonne he woulda beem gome though.

This is going to be one of my first cars I look to take on when the GT is back out :lol:

Gotta be honest I did struggle to go Round a 225 ST but in all fairness my car was on its last legs and way down on power, but still took him down :D

Also the ex has invited me to Castle Combe to thrash her uncles RS around so I will let you know my verdict on them :D

They are stunning motors though :D

I agree, this is where the Starlets is best from a rolling start upto around 90-100mph.

They are meant to be pretty laggy and if he caught him out (plus being an auto) I would imagine he would of had the edge for that amount of time. After the magic tonne he woulda beem gome though.

This is going to be one of my first cars I look to take on when the GT is back out :D

Gotta be honest I did struggle to go Round a 225 ST but in all fairness my car was on its last legs and way down on power, but still took him down :D

Also the ex has invited me to Castle Combe to thrash her uncles RS around so I will let you know my verdict on them :D

They are stunning motors though :lol: