Plz Help! Summit Has Gone Wrong With Glanza.

hey , was reading through some stuff on google, came accross a post on gtturbo site, bowt a guy who had no boost in2nd, anyways, heres the pic this guy put up ont site,

turbo.jpg

if you look at the top A, that end of the rubber pipe has been taken off and cable tied to the the big pipe at the botom A. and a blanking plug put in the end of that pipe, leaving the little metal opening on the block open and nowt on it???

then the pipe at letter b. just isnt even there at all? just two open stems,

im guessing this aint right, but to be honest my car was fine yesterday morning and it was the same then.

could anyone shed some light on were im mena check these vac hoses because id like it back running how it was y'day morning. :D

that pic is from someones elses car, botom A was just were the end of the thin pipe was strapd to (top A)

turbo1.jpg

were the yellow arrow starts is the end that has been taken off, and its strapd onto the thick pipe were the head of the arrow is, point C is the open end near the cam cover, on mine that is just open at the mo, nothing on it? and the pipe thats mena b there has a blanking plug in, hope thats abit clearer.

my Glanza many years ago did something very similar, turns out as it had been running hotter due to a boost tweek i had done it melted the Catalitic converter and made the exhaust EXTREEMLY restricted. lost loads of power and dropped about 0.3Bar of pressure on full boost

Jim

hmmm, since replacing the plugs its nearly gained all the power back, just about 0.08 bar short of normal now, just wondering wether to put this pipe back wer its mena be or wat? previous owner obveously blocked it off for a reason though? because he was a plank perhaps?

got an apexi boost controller on it, right so disregarding the pipe on the solenoid as thats not a problem from wat you guys say. should i connet the other pipe back to the plug near the cam cover??? yellow arrows on botom pic.

still no closer as to why its not quite hitting the normal boost. must be leak somewere, anyways i can check for a leak?? which pipes are most likly to cause a leak?

the pipe u are talking about connects to the stock actuator i have a hks 1 and it doesnt connect to that, i leave it open with no pipe on itat either end of it. still sounds like a boost leak check the pipes coming from your dumpvalve and boost controller and your boost guage also around the map sensor and the back of the inlet manifold

mines giota hks actuator on too,, cool ill leave the vac lines as they are then,. will go out no and see if i can spot any loose pipes again. the noise i was talking about earlier in the post, the one abit like when you tune a radio low donw in the revs and pulling away mostly, osounds like its coming from around the area of the inlet maifold, could it be vibration or leak through that, ill go have a look and see what i can see now.

right. been out, checked, went for petrol and........... its fine?gave it full boost in 1st,2nd,3rd and it hit 0.85 bar in all gears. maybe it was still a little moisture in the spark plug hole causing that noise somehow and slight loss in power. :D yey, happy again.

hhow cum it was them that made it loose allt he power at the begining then? you know when it went right down to 0.6 bar. changed the plugs and dried it out and the boost went back to nearly normal yesterday? it wasnt making that noise either when i was in it before, hopefully were having a meet at castleford in a couple of weeks so ill get someone to have a look over it then,

only othere little bit of info ive got, the screw on top of my bov had a nut on it that you tightened down to keep screw in the right place. somehow that has come loose and the bolts has spun off just leaving the screw, dont think thatll have out to do with it but..

also other thing was, when i had the bonnet up and reved it to see if i could see hear a leak anywere, when i reved it to aboutt 3500rpm the bov opened slightly and made a little squeeky sorty noise. that just because it was at boost to open it fully or would it suggest a nakerd bov bor bov spring? (hope nt just bought off a guy on gtturbo)

hhow cum it was them that made it loose allt he power at the begining then? you know when it went right down to 0.6 bar. changed the plugs and dried it out and the boost went back to nearly normal yesterday? it wasnt making that noise either when i was in it before, hopefully were having a meet at castleford in a couple of weeks so ill get someone to have a look over it then,

only othere little bit of info ive got, the screw on top of my bov had a nut on it that you tightened down to keep screw in the right place. somehow that has come loose and the bolts has spun off just leaving the screw, dont think thatll have out to do with it but..

also other thing was, when i had the bonnet up and reved it to see if i could see hear a leak anywere, when i reved it to aboutt 3500rpm the bov opened slightly and made a little squeeky sorty noise. that just because it was at boost to open it fully or would it suggest a nakerd bov bor bov spring? (hope nt just bought off a guy on gtturbo)

try running no bov and see how it is. block off the pipe that goes from the inlet mani to the bov and the hole where your bov is connected