Plz Help! Summit Has Gone Wrong With Glanza.

hey, just set off home and somit is up with the glanza,

it felt very sluggish, on tick over *(stood still) its very lumpy, boobing between 500-1k revs.

it feels like driving through glue, the cars holding back when your pressing accelerator, little like driving with the brakes on, theres just no power when boost kicks in.

i put my foot into the carpet to check what its boosting to, the most it made was 0.63bar.

when i parked up and reved it the exhaust made a low quiet poping noise when the revs settled,

theres no engine management light on so i have no idea? is it the turbo, or a missifre = naff plugs? plzzzz help!!!!! dont want my baby sick.

hey, just set off home and somit is up with the glanza,

it felt very sluggish, on tick over *(stood still) its very lumpy, boobing between 500-1k revs.

it feels like driving through glue, the cars holding back when your pressing accelerator, little like driving with the brakes on, theres just no power when boost kicks in.

i put my foot into the carpet to check what its boosting to, the most it made was 0.63bar.

when i parked up and reved it the exhaust made a low quiet poping noise when the revs settled,

theres no engine management light on so i have no idea? is it the turbo, or a missifre = naff plugs? plzzzz help!!!!! dont want my baby sick.

check your i/c pipes and vacum lines

if there is water down there, how would i go about getting it out? and would the spark plugs be buggered if they are wet? im guessing/hoping it is that, i changed the tmic to a rx7 one last week, and ther x7 one uncovers alot of the left side if the engine blockl maybe the water has leaked to the plugs on that side,

Its a long slow process of trying to blow it out with a thin bit of hose, if you have an air line then happy days, or wrapping a bit of cloth round a long thin screw driver and slowly soaking it up that way.

They can be, or they may just need a scrub with a wire brush.

Mark

Its a long slow process of trying to blow it out with a thin bit of hose, if you have an air line then happy days, or wrapping a bit of cloth round a long thin screw driver and slowly soaking it up that way.

They can be, or they may just need a scrub with a wire brush.

Mark

this happened 2 me before as well. one of the spark plug cylinders had water in it so i left it for 2 days n it woz right after that.

right just checked all the pipes and stuff, all intact, took of the i.c checked the plugs, the 2nd one in from the right, the stalk on the lead was wet, the botom bit closest to the plug was a rusty browny color, cleaned and dried the hole out, put it all back together and its better but still not quite right, it boosts to just ovber 0.7 bar, so its an improvement but not right, would this suggest the plug is nakerd or that its still just abit wet?? cheers.

right, changed the plugs to ngk iridium (platinum) plugs, ticks over beautifully, really smooth, powers back, alls well, just one little thing, its boosting to 0.78 bar now, yesterday before the trouble it was boosting to 0.88, which was too much but thats a difrerent story,

do you reckon itll be the leads that need changing to cure that, im getting a crackly noise inside the car, bit like when you try and tune a radio, not all the time, just when setting off and low revs really, read sumit on another guys post and someone said, nakerd ht leads can make a interference noise.

so next question, were can i get a set of decent leads, are the oe ones good enough or?? and itll be fine to drive till i get the leads wont it.

:D

I've got a set of stock leads here if u want them might have a set of red trd 1s for sale next week too. i cant see a loss of boost bieng related tot he ignition system, u may still have a boost leak, u checked all your intercooler pipes and vacuum lines?