How Can I Tell If...

Hi all. I bought my Glanza a week ago now and when I bought it the guy said that the car had been converted from reading KMH to MPH. So I was wondering if it has been converted will the restrictor have been taken out? There are no gauges inside the car like the Apexi RSM so i'm guessing the car may have been fitted with the speedo conveter that goes into the gearbox? I dont really want to take my car to 112 mph to see if the fuel cut in comes in, so is there anyway of telling? Lee.

fuel cut is a safety feature, that stops teh car boosting over .85 ish bar, as the manifold is not the best design, and this would cause a problem, its basically a protection for the car

speed cut, stop the car being driven over 112mph, its a jap law or summit

if you buy a converter, it will get rid of the speed limit restriction, but it will make your speedo wrong, unless you remove the 110mph clocks that have been fitted

Mines go upto 110mph but i'm always going off the dial when my right turns to mr lead. I <3 de-restricted cars. Wouldn't mind fitting one of those MoTeC displays at some point. Would look mint.

All GT and Glanzas come with dials that read 180, they are not interchangable though.

Some people fit converters, so the 180 dial can stay, also delimits to 180 mph instead of kph

Others fit 110 dials, and keep it restricted.

Personal choice.

If you do put a converter in, you will have to change the dials back to the 180 ones.