Ok i got a service comming up, i got spark plugs filter etc. Which oil should i use. It has to be Mobil

I got my eyes on Mobil Super S. Is there any other good Mobil oil out there?

yep both will work, i would use the top one.

very simple. when you are doing the service pull the car up to garage or wherever you are working on it

open the oil cap on rocker cover and pour full contents of can in and let car idle for 10 - 15 mins.

THEN drain the old oil out etc.job done.

DO NOT drive on engine flsh. put it in and change oil .

contact opie oils and ask for tim tell him your spec millege and what you use your car for track, motorway driving etc or join the TB developments forum and pop your spec in the Oil advice and recommendation and he will email you back tanite

i entered this for mine

Make:Toyota

Model:starlet glanza

Year:96

Engine size/type:1.3ltr turbocharged

miles:50,000 odd

Any mods:stage 2, full system exhaust,induction,hybrid turbo,large front mount intercooler,boost pressure raised etc

Type of use: mainly road use short journeys occasional motorway use and also road/track/drag strip, occasionaly aswell

Additional info (max oil temps, current oil used......) semi synthetic

What do you want a recommendation for? Engine, Gearbox etc? both please

his recomendation was

Hi Georgie

Go for a good 5w-40 in the engine

http://www.opieoils....-656-5w-40.aspx

Go for the Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS, Motul 300V, Redline or Gulf Competition.

For the gearbox, I'd go for the Silkolene Syn 5 or Motul Gear 300.

http://www.opieoils....673-75w-90.aspx

Cheers

Tim

i rang him and i had the millers engine oil and motul gearbox oil, heres the link he is very helpfull :p

http://www.tbdevelopments.com/forum/viewto...48&start=15

• 1 month later...

I use Silkolean Pro S 5W-40 Fully Synthetic, a bit more expensive but

definetly worth it. As its fully synthetic it can withstand higher temps and stress adding

protection to the engine.

Mobil semi synth- super S is the one to go for. halfords doing it for 19.99 last time i checked, thats worth it.

if i ever use engine flush i use FORTE. I believe they are 1 of the best at at these types of things.

i dont use it for every service though, dont need to really. every 25-30k if serviced regularly at 5-6k

engine flush is only used at idle for 20-30 mins, never drive with engine flush!!! read the instructions and you be fine

hope that helps

ive recently serviced mine using 10w40 mobil magnatec. was going to go for super s cause its good for high temp protection associated with turbo charged engines... but i mainly use my car to get to and from work and barely boost at all during week so was thinking about the cold starts (where i believe 70% of engine wear occurs) lol :D:)

anyway the oil does the following:

• Offers 4 times better wear protection than ordinary oils from start up
  • Provides critical engine protection during start and warm-up periods
  • Oil clings to the engines surface like a magnet providing constant protection even when the engine is switched off