Fuel Cut Is A Bitch.

Righteo folks,

My glanza has fmic + relocated air filter + bov + HKs adjustable actuator..

I fitted the actuator last week in a hurry and hit fuel cut on the way to work, 'Thats okay, i'll just adjust it when i get a minute'

Today, i've had a second look and unwound the adapter which i believe is decreasing boost? right? Still, Hitting fuel cut.

So I've just been out again and the adapter is only just threaded, Only just biting on the thread of the actuator (enough to hold it tight when nut is tightened) So if i'm correct in thinking, The actuator is on the lowest boost possible and i'm STILL hitting fcd!!

My Boost gauge is in the post, but even with that installed surely if i'm hitting fuel cut, the gauge is just going to read upto 0.8/0.85 then stop when the engine hits fuel cut. So i cant find out what it's boosting at even when i install that..

Any idea's folks? it's doing my head in!

Thankssssss

drive slow

fcd

I don't particularly drive fast, I'd just prefer to know when i do occasionlly open her up that i'm not going to be shot back into my seat. u know?

I decided against fcd as they areshit, Rather save for management than fuck about with that risky stuff. Thanks though

id say FCD mate cause i found on mine the fuel cut was coming in gradually really noticed a difference once i put the HKS FCD on :thumbsup:

But surely i shouldnt need a FCD just yet, not untill i fit the decat atleast?

If the actuator is on the lowest setting, which if unwinding the actuator adapter does that, Then i must be getting a fair bit of boost creep from somewhere?, I could understand if the manifold/decat was on, But just a relocated filter + fmic?

I was just going to to reply to you Pm put seen you thread so thort id post in here lol

I just dont understand why you are still hiting fuel cut,I've just turned mine down today i was boosting at 1bar with standard mani and thats not good so i thort id turn it down to 0.8 i unwound it twice and its all good im booting 0.8 spot on it creeps to 0.9 at about 7.000rpm but i change gear befor then anyway

I was just going to to reply to you Pm put seen you thread so thort id post in here lol

I just dont understand why you are still hiting fuel cut,I've just turned mine down today i was boosting at 1bar with standard mani and thats not good so i thort id turn it down to 0.8 i unwound it twice and its all good im booting 0.8 spot on it creeps to 0.9 at about 7.000rpm but i change gear befor then anyway

Thanks mick, Yea i'm bewildered mate, The adapter is literally only just threaded on and i'm still hitting fuel cut! I don't even know where to start! :thumbsup:

also anyone that says you need an fcd needs slaping with a fish Glanza cl was useing a hybrid/decat/mani/relocated air filter every mod that you can do on standard internals he did and he never hit fuel cut just set the actuator at 0.7

it hits fuel cut for a resion to save your engine

I,ll go and take a pic of my actuator so you have some sort of idear on where it should be im boosting 0.8/0.9 so if you set yours even lower then it should be all good give me 10min

Your a star mate, i'll go take a pic of mine too!

also anyone that says you need an fcd needs slaping with a fish Glanza cl was useing a hybrid/decat/mani/relocated air filter every mod that you can do on standard internals he did and he never hit fuel cut just set the actuator at 0.7

it hits fuel cut for a resion to save your engine

so he had an actuator that was working, if the actuator fitted to this guys car has been screwed right out, then its not working. either because its screwed out, or because the pipes are not fitted correctly.

Easy sort is to either restrict the inlet or the exhaust.

But, put a bit of tension on the actuator, it will help as it will have conttrol on the wastegate.

No tension, no control.

Dont go the RRFPR and FCD route,it isnt worth it in the long run.

the angle that the actuator is sitting at is maybe pulling it open further than the if it wer straight, i would say get a hks 1 you will know its going to be right if its one of them, ether that or its been bolted squint, hks ftw

It's HKS and the bracket was on the wrong way round, This is how i received it so i bolted it straight on no question's asked and i was in a rush to get to work, Sittings perfectly now folks and the fuel cut seems okay.

Thanks for your input lads, micky you are the fuckin boy!