I've been told you can replace your standard fuel pump, with the walbro one, without getting it mapped, new injectors etc.. is that right? as i always thought you replace the lot?

im getting new leads, plugs and dizzy cap, but I've still got the engine management light coming on and i dont know why, it drives fine, feels great and pulls really well.

cant figure it out.

I'm no expert but I would have thought that if you put the Walbro pump in then it would work to the same capacity as your stock one unless it was pushed further buy the management so it might only have to work at 60% to push the same fuel as your stock would do at 100%

Hope that makes sense

Steve

It dont matter how big the pump is the standard fuel pressure regulator will only let some much in if you get me so yeah you can get a bigger pump

also if your plugs/dizzy/leads are on there way out the ecu will class that as timeing nocking

cause its not geting the fuel it should

• 2 weeks later...
Why would you want to uprate the pump unless going big power? stock pump is enough for 250hp or so I have heard

Its for safety mainly mate, i agree a stock GT/Glanza doesnt need a pump but if you pushing up around 200bhp or maybe more then for the price of £65 for one of our pumps i wouldnt risk a pump failure.

Dan give us a shout if your still struggling and we can sort everything for you.

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD

Workshop Landline - 01925 822266

TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com

www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk