ok people. my car seems very bouncy at speeds (70 on motorway) does any one have a explination or solution?

it is lowered 40mm on pi springs with 16s (soon to be 15s) has new shock absorbers and a front strut brace. i have spring adjusters fitted to stop the rear rubbing ( them rubber caravan towing thingys). could these be the problem hindering the springs.

i know i have gone the cheap way on this set up and if i had the money i would do it better. but it feels stiff on normal speeds and over pot holes and stuff but bounces around alot at speed. any ideas?

keirz

ok people. my car seems very bouncy at speeds (70 on motorway) does any one have a explination or solution?

it is lowered 40mm on pi springs with 16s (soon to be 15s) has new shock absorbers and a front strut brace. i have spring adjusters fitted to stop the rear rubbing ( them rubber caravan towing thingys). could these be the problem hindering the springs.

i know i have gone the cheap way on this set up and if i had the money i would do it better. but it feels stiff on normal speeds and over pot holes and stuff but bounces around alot at speed. any ideas?

keirz

Sounds strange to me dude, should be vice versa, should be bouncy at low normal speeds and a bit harsher on potholes and should be a bit smoother at speed. Must be mismatched springs but a few other people on here have used Pi on standard kyb shocks (the oem are kyb) and seem to have had no probs.

Someone who has used them before (scutch0, Geo) should be able to help you soon with your prob mate!

Peace Out

Joz

They might not be designed for that purpose, but I've just done the very same with a set of -40 PI springs, and although the ride is a fair bit firmer, it's rock solid at speed, and goes around corners like it was on rails.

Sounds like your shocks have had it mate.

all my shock absorbers are brand new mate. i did them when i fitted the springs. i got the gas ones instead of the oil ones cuz they are gas are stiffer. handles good and is stiff on normal but at about 70 it gets a bit of a bouncing rythem going on. maybe its just crap wonkey roads.

Lowering the car on springs will fuck your shokers up. Mine was lowered 40 on PI springs and the ride started getting bouncy, checked the shockers and there was oil everywhere!!!!

I used that as an excuse to get my D2's ;)

Some cars can take just having lowering springs put on but some cars dampers are very soft i.e. the starlet this is why they cant handle the lowrider look very well ;)

i did want D2s but trying to save for new car so decided to go cheaper. even though ive just ordered new wheels and induction kit. it is impossible to save when i still have plans for my n/a.

my bros shockers keep going, he's got through 3 in as many months. mine are gas ones but i still think they have oil in as well and theres no sign of leaking.