Coolant Problem After Alternator Belt Snapped

right last night had been driving about 10 mins and the battery light come on instantly pulled over as the alternator belt had squeeled a little when i left the house and checked to see it had snapped. anyway got towed home fitted a new one today and before starting up i was checking everything over and when i opened the rad cap i couldnt see any coolant. when squeezing the bottom rad pipe a little raises to the top of the rad. but the overflow bottle is above max coolant in the overflow is a dirty brown colour too ;) any one had any similar problems? i got a feeling its looking towards HG failure :)

water pump driven off the fan belt might of snpped because the water pump seized up there not expencive got mine for about £18+ from bms on a trade account and it was a nippon one hg might be ok get the pump checked out

yeah ive been told it could of been the waterpump but the pulley for the water pump was turning fine when i fitted the new belt earlier. im hoping the headgaskets all good. no money atm is an understatment :)

Give us a message and we will try and help diagnose the problem over the internet/phone or if you can get the car down to us we can sort it for you no worrys.

Drop us a message either way and we will do our best to help you out.

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD

Workshop Landline - 01925 822266

TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com

www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk