Ollie's Glanza V :) Update Pics - 04/05/2010

Have always wanted a glanza ever since i took a ride in my mates about a year ago (PaV's) After having a few 106 gti's i picked up this 1997 Glanza V back in august, Heres the spec of her when i got it:

Lowerd on just springs

Rota auto x's

Turbo timer

clifford g5

Boost gauge

And heres a few pics after its first wash back in august:

Photo0299.jpg

Photo0298.jpg

So first on the list was some new seats , a mate happend to have some civic type r seats on glanza runners left from when he wrote his V off, so i snapped them straight up:

Photo0437.jpg

Then came a JPerformance front mount

Photo0388.jpg

Then i deceided i wanted some more power so started collecting some td04 bits, i picked up this td04 kit from idrees, it consisted of simpsons racing manifold, weper down pipe, half size civic rad, td04 turbo, and all the lines etc

Photo0424.jpg

Photo0425.jpg

Then an emange blue :

Photo0422.jpg

and then a greddy ebc

Photo0421.jpg

Also picked up some magnecore ht leads and a tuning developmens fuel pump

So, after collecting all these parts i booked the V in with Ricky from race tech to have everything fitted and mapped :surrender:

After a few teething problems (had to get a new radiator, and order a few more bits - harness etc etc) she was ready to pick up sunday ! And tbh loving it now, quite a bit of lag compared to the ct9 , but once the boost does kick in it certainly flys ! seems like a pretty good map - thanks ricky ! Low boost is set to 0.7 bar. high boost set to 1.1 bar :wacko:

And finally had a new exhaust system fitted with longlife yesterday, 2.5 inch all the way through now !

So heres the current spec up to date:

TD04 Turbo

Simpsons Racing manifold

Weper down pipe

Half size civic rad

oil / water lines

JPerformance front mount

Magnercore ht leads

Relocated air filter

up graded hosing

Forge dumpvalve

Gredd electronic boost controller

Emange blue

3bar map sensor

igniton harness

Tuning developments fuel pump

Turbo timer

Boost gauge in pillar pod

Pioneer dvd player

Rota auto x's on yokie paradas

Lowed on springs

Custom longlife/racetech exhaust system

and probbaly a couple bits ive forgot !

So anyway , heres some up to date pics after a quick clean today !

Photo0433.jpg

Photo0434.jpg

Photo0435.jpg

Photo0436.jpg

Photo0437.jpg

cheerz for the nice comments :surrender:

Clean car, this is my mates old car.. the one that made me get mine!!

ahhhright , thats good to know, ha i dont know if you could find out if the cambelts been done? :wacko:

First things first, if you ever sell that TD04 kit or even the manifold, I'll buy it back because it is pure awesome. Did you use the braces I supplied? Car looks awesome by the way mate, colour and wheels work a treat!

Looks Sexual! Them type R seats look Huge! u got space to move in there? lol

ha it is a bit of a sit picture, they do take up some room but very nice to sit in :(

First things first, if you ever sell that TD04 kit or even the manifold, I'll buy it back because it is pure awesome. Did you use the braces I supplied? Car looks awesome by the way mate, colour and wheels work a treat!

ahh cheerz mate ! Even ricky said how well made the manifold looked, and dont worry youll be the first to get a text if i ever decide to sale ! im pretty sure he used the braces u supplied, and to make up some brackets for the rad though.

umm not sure but i can ask him! I know the orignial owner from stevenage.? but i think he sold it to someone in luton? so mite have been done :(

ye thats rite mate, i bought it from the guy in Luton. He said that he was pretty sure the cambelt had bin done from the guy in stevenage but didnt have a receipt, ha if not i guess ill just have to get it done for piece of mind !

• 2 weeks later...

I love the look of your car matey the wheels look the bomb & the shell looks minted nick.

but WTF are those seats all about.

im sorry but i gota say those seats look terrible in the glanza. too too fatty looking plus they say type R..

just reminds me of people with type R badges on things that arent even honda or turbo badges on cars that aint..

just not the correct place for those seats.

LOSE THE SEATS!!! get real recaro's in there homie and your on for a total winner of a car.

(sorry if your offended by my opinion.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick update, got some Rota gt3s and and new excedy 3stage paddle clutch on now. Also getting coilovers and new wheel bearings fitted at the weekend, heres a couple of photos after a polish yesterday:

13042010007.jpg

13042010008.jpg

13042010009.jpg

13042010010.jpg

13042010011.jpg

13042010012.jpg

13042010012.jpg

13042010014.jpg

13042010015.jpg

13042010016.jpg