My boss gave me a Greddy Type-s Bov, it's of his RS Turbo,

How do i fit it to the Starlet, I know I'm going to have to adapt the pipe's for it but i don't know were all the Pipe's go,

I'll have a go and see if i've got this right though...

The bit Circled in Blue is just left open im guessing as that is the bit the Pressure get's released from ?

The bit Circled in Red im guessing you can get one's that fit onto the Starlet and it slots into the little whole on the Induction pipe once you've removed the Re-circulation valve that is bolted to the induction pipe ?

One of the bit's circled in Yellow you connect the Breather from the Inlet manifold to ?? But what goes into the other one ??

And also you need to put a Breather on the Rocker cover ??

nghghn.jpg

i can take a pic of mine fitted if you wanna. the blue circled bit of mine is open. turbodave fitted mine so you could just pm him ;) lol

xxx

Please upload a picture if you can i want to try and fit it tomorrow afternoon or sunday ;)

Guest ep82_girl

back lol

i have taken a few pics for you. i do have a relocation kit (so no efi pipe) and also a mini oil breather filter on top of rocket cover

Photo0319.jpg

Photo0320.jpg

Photo0322.jpg

Photo0323.jpg

Photo0324.jpg

Photo0325.jpg

i have put a pruple circle around where the blue pipe to show where it goes to from the BOV. there is a T-piece there and its connected to that

Photo0326-1.jpg

hope this helps you ;) sorry quilty is crap light in garage werent to good and it was freezing!!!

xxx

Hmm the thing is, Is that im trieing to install it onto the Standard Intercooler, Induction pipe's though,

The thing im stuck on is were the Breather come's out of the rocker cover, the over end of that pipe there is what im guessing is the standard recirculation valve ?? Thats bolted down onto the Standard induction/Air box pipe, When i unbolt that and remove it im left with a Hole, I need to know how to Put the BOV onto/into that hole as i have no way of fastening it down onto the pipe if you understand me haha

Guest ep82_girl
Hmm the thing is, Is that im trieing to install it onto the Standard Intercooler, Induction pipe's though,

The thing im stuck on is were the Breather come's out of the rocker cover, the over end of that pipe there is what im guessing is the standard recirculation valve ?? Thats bolted down onto the Standard induction/Air box pipe, When i unbolt that and remove it im left with a Hole, I need to know how to Put the BOV onto/into that hole as i have no way of fastening it down onto the pipe if you understand me haha

im going to be truthfully honest and say i dont have a clue-sorry!!!! ;) im so bloody useless but sure some one on here will be able to help you.

xxx

I've just got a pic off lukep i hope he dont mine lol

Righ keep your standard recirculation valve where it is, as you can see in the pick

use the breather that go's in to the stock bov.and it should be all good

what i will say is try and block your stock bov off with something like a 2 pence piece or something just so you dont get anything shit going inside and killing your turbo ;)

The only thing i dont have a clue about is the greddy bov has two breathers comeing off it? lol i know one will go to the inlet manifold but what do you do with the other one?

SDC12978.jpg

Cool mate cheer's!!!

I have just taken my Greddy one apart as i was wondering that also, and the bottom breather just goes up to a little recess that runs right around the bottom of the 2 springs inside so im pretty sure it can just be left with no pipe going to it ;)

Surely the standard recirculating valve shouldn't drag any stuff in as if it's a valve it will only let air flow out not in ??

If i was you id block it off just incase. Take the stock bov off and have a look at it and you will understand what im on about lol

you can get a metal blanking thing but they are hard to come by, im sure enzo has one for sale i could be rong though

Here is another pic that i got off lukep lol showing one of them blanking things were the stock bov would go.......Hope that helps mate im not to good at explaining things lol

SDC13087.jpg

Thats ok mate! Cheer's i will PM Enzo now, Can i just ask what do you actually block of to get the Chatter, Do you put that blanking plug on the Induction pipe, and block the pipe of that you put onto the BOV ??

Cheers

I sold my blanking plug for about £10

as for chatter its not something you can make happen, it only happens now and again when you get diffrent pressures building up.

so keep your stock bov where it is.On the intercooler pipe you will have a black rubber pipe comeing off and going into your stock bov.unplug that and use it for your greddy bov then unplug the vacuum pipe from your stock bov and conect it to your greddy bov if you get me lol

so realy your stock bov it acting like one of them blanking plugs, all you should be left with is the cam cover breather going into the stock bov nothing elss.Thats why i said you will need to cover the stock bov with something cause you have unpluged things and it will be left open.

like i have said im not to good at explaining things someone elss might be able to shed abit more light then i am at the min ;)

havent read all the post because i'm lazy lol.

as you stated blue is open, that the outlet.

red is the connection onto your intercooler pipe. or efi.

yellow... now you have two as you can see. top one as Jo showed is the vac source. so run your vac line to that. the bottom is an extra vac line. most dont bother but it pressurises the base of the bov, making it much quicker to reach and release pressure.

it's something to do will extra quick release. not much point on a starlet as they not that powerful. mainly there to big power cars to prevent surge.

also as the greddy is adjustable, wind in the top screw and it will make the spring harder... that will cause it to chatter. unscrew the spring and it will be soft. this will make it dump easier and will prevent chatter

No thats cool i understand exactly what you mean mate haha

I dunno what to use to cover the hole's on the Standard bov though Hmm need to think lol May pop down the local Health center and Get 2 Johnny's a Ribbed one and a Chocolate one and put them over the Hole's! haha