Had A Bit Of A Bump On Friday Night

Thought id share with yous guys that i had a bit of a bump at the weekend.

Headed out friday night from the house to meet up with a mate not to far away and some old bugger crashed into the back of me,i was given way to uncoming traffic,and when traffic had passed me i drove forward a bit and seen another car coming a head and there wasnt enough room for me to pass so let him come a head,next minute bang an old man drove straight into the back of me in a civic type r to :mellow:

So i pulled over onto foot path and so did he behind me,sat in car until he came to the window and said are you ok,i said yes i was until you hit into the back of me,so got out to inspect the damage and your man started to get all cheeky and said there was no damage to the car,but i could clearly see there was as the back bumper was creast and the paint was cracked and coming away and also there was a big 'v' mark from his bumper hitting mine.

He went on to say that he had been in the body trade for 20 or so years and that i was trying to pull the wool over his eyes,still being cheeky i asked for his name and address nicely and he said he hadnt a pen and paper so i had to turn the car apart to find pen and paper all because he was being an old fart and making it out to be my fault,but clearly it was his he should have been a save distance behind me.

So long story short he is willing to pay for damage,some people have said to me about claiming but dont think its worth the hassle.

anybody that goes into the back of someone is automaticly in the wrong.

you should report it to the police incase later down the line he denis it. go down the insurance route if i were you mate, i would NOT risk it

Hope you get it fixed soon buddy

Yeah meant to say came straight home after and phoned the police and reported it,and was given a refeAArance number for the insurance side if needed,

@Dan,theres not much damage why would you consider going through insurance?

anybody that goes into the back of someone is automaticly in the wrong.

you should report it to the police incase later down the line he denis it. go down the insurance route if i were you mate, i would NOT risk it

Hope you get it fixed soon buddy

Why?

I know people who have had bumps and have been paid out by the persons fault.

Why jeopardize your NCB for a little bump?

if he has gone into the back of you then it aint your fault and you got nothing to worry about, if hes going to pay for it insted of the insurance route, the phone the police and INFORM them on whats going on, just incase he turns around and says fuck ya...

Better to be safe mate

Why?

I know people who have had bumps and have been paid out by the persons fault.

Why jeopardize your NCB for a little bump?

You wont lose your NCB for something that isn't your fault, you claim off the other persons insurance.

Some old twat pulled out infront of me in my old Starlet last year and wrote it off, I kept my NCB and got £1100 for it. :mellow:

I know it was defenitly not my fault,as dan said rang the police to keep myself right,but didnt think it was worth the hassle going through insurance and claiming for injurys etc. But £1100 would be nice.

Any ideas how much it would roughly cost to get back bumper painted and repaired by a good body shop.

I know it was defenitly not my fault,as dan said rang the police to keep myself right,but didnt think it was worth the hassle going through insurance and claiming for injurys etc. But £1100 would be nice.

Any ideas how much it would roughly cost to get back bumper painted and repaired by a good body shop.

£150 if that mate. Get a price from a local shop.

Thats what i was thinking around a hundred pound,had go get a quote tomorrow on Tuesday from an accident repair centre,worst about it is have to do it in my own time,probably my lunch break at work.

Get on it ASAP, the longer you leave it the worse it will be, plus these things usually take a while.

It was 6-7 weeks before I recieved any money and that was a pretty smooth claim and I was told it was quick.

Nah fuck it, same with what happened to me, my theory was that if there wasn't a speed camera on that road I could have gone faster and gone past the junction before the old bloke could have even got there to pull out infront of me. :mellow:

Obviously I'm joking. :p

Thanks for the advice Jay,

Hopefully gonna get it to Wrights accident repair tomorrow or tuesday lunchtime and get a quote in writing,more hassle than anything.

Was hoping i would get something out off it.

You know any good sprayers? just want a good job and done right.